• Dynaudio

• Focal

• Vandersteen

• Vivid

Results are only viewable after voting.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
That’s an audio dealer owner I convinced to bring CH to my country (U.A.E). The best speakers he sells are Dynaudios Confidence line and I don’t think they are resolving to what I am feeding them. So I asked him to speak to Peter to ship Magico and he agreed. M2 was my final choice last month however after speaking with Peter he explained that M2 will go through an upgrade by 2022-2023.

Which is why I went back to sketching board and search for other speakers that are not in their end of life cycle. The same story with Wilson Alexia 2 :)
Emerald....what did you end up buying?

Easy Gliders

Oct 22, 2021
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Marten Mingus Quintet 2. Latest speakers from Marten. Will be introduced at the High End 2022.

20220417_203729.jpg 20220417_203706.jpg 20220417_203706.jpg 20220417_203648.jpg

Easy Gliders

Oct 22, 2021
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Marten Mingus Quintet 2. Latest speakers from Marten. Will be introduced at the High End 2022.

View attachment 91823

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
CHOOSING A BOXSXPEAKER NOWADAYS IS LIKE SELECTING A FLAVOR AT BASHIN RPBBINS.
HERE IS SOMETHING YOU MAY HAVE NOT CONSIDERED.
View attachment 125639
Hi Emerald
I am a long term owner of YG Acoustics speakers and I have heard most or all of the brands in your list, but predominantly at shows like Munich but some in other people.s systems.
None have impressed me as much as the YGs. The recently unveiled YG Hailey 3 Reference attracted substantial praise at Munich last year but unfortunately I had to give the show a miss. I have only seen one full review to date which was a rave review I think but not sure from Tone Audio, but you should be able to find it on Google. At the top end of your budget but Hailey 2.2s available used/ex demo. Again, very highly reviewed.
The Tidal Audio Piano and Contriva models are within your price range and new models came out very recently. They are the only other speakers I have heard which were close to the YGs .
That's my considered two cents which I hope is helpful and good luck with your search.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I think k

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Within your budget

MARTEN MINGUS QUINTET​

The Marten Parker Quintet Diamond Edition is no slouch either. Funny as revisiting this thread after 3 years and forgetting about it that we now represent Marten as well.

Reactions: Sampajanna

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing