Sony RX1

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Good thing I'm not Ken ;)

My main cameras AKA the tennis elbow gear are all Nikon as well. D300, D700 and sets of lenses for both. These are not nice cameras to bring to shows or any crowded place. I've accidentally knocked a few small people on the head (by accident!) while I've had my camera slung around my neck.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Good thing I'm not Ken ;)

My main cameras AKA the tennis elbow gear are all Nikon as well. D300, D700 and sets of lenses for both. These are not nice cameras to bring to shows or any crowded place. I've accidentally knocked a few small people on the head (by accident!) while I've had my camera slung around my neck.

agree that Ken's priorities are not shared all around....and i think his love for the Fuji X100S compared to the RX1.

i might buy an RX1 for travel and shows myself as it's attributes fit my needs.

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
It is a place in Tokyo where you go and visit for your last wish before you die if you love electronics. :D

Imagine stores with many levels with every piece of gear there to touch and play with.

I've been there, but I wasn't sure if the pic is of that place. When I was in Japan, my Japanese colleagues were a little worried about me going there alone. I think that it is because it's a little out there, what with those girls that dress up in costumes.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I've been there, but I wasn't sure if the pic is of that place. When I was in Japan, my Japanese colleagues were a little worried about me going there alone. I think that it is because it's a little out there, what with those girls that dress up in costumes.

Yeah, I would be scared for you too Mike. ;)

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
You mean these?

:)

They are not in Akihabara area by the way but by Ueno station.

BTW, here is a shot of the headphone station at Yodobashi Camera which is the largest electronic retailer in Akihabara:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Way cool Amir! Yep, "Cos play land" is right next to Omotisando pretty much the equivalent of Paris' Champ Elysees. One block you're surrounded by people decked out in the season's latest and the next you're zapped into something Neil Gaiman could have thought up.

Mike, you're friends are way too overprotective. :)

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
Way cool Amir! Yep, "Cos play land" is right next to Omotisando pretty much the equivalent of Paris' Champ Elysees. One block you're surrounded by people decked out in the season's latest and the next you're zapped into something Neil Gaiman could have thought up.

Mike, you're friends are way too overprotective. :)

They were too overprotective. I just wish someone would pay one of those girls my ransom money.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing