Sonore microRendu

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkeny

Industry Expert, Member Sponsor
Feb 9, 2012
Ireland
I'm not sure I saw John S. describe it as affecting the audio clocks but rather he wrote that the increased processing at the USB PHY caused power and current spikes affecting the D/A at the DAC chip. Hence he worked on the power-related noise profile of that USB PHY section in the Regen (among other things).

I appreciate you sharing your additional info based on your own experiments, very interesting.

At least you understood correctly where the theory of operation was focused, contrary to some who claimed recently that it was based on asynch USB re-sending data (LOL at that!).

Thanks, I do understand the theory & appreciate where Swenson is coming from & it roughly concurs with my own theories as a result of my experience & experiments.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
That is your spin, not theirs. This is a narrow topic related to high-resolution audio, not "digital audio." And not DACs as you mentioned.

And that is on top of the fact that you are citing a panel discussion that has not yet occurred! It is scheduled for June in Paris. The description is written by the organizer. It is not the synopsis of the panel discussion.

I know George and Bob Stuart. I can already tell you what they are going to say and it is not at all what started this discussion.

Throwing a name around with nothing else is exactly that: hero worshipping. There is nothing there to show you have common preferences with Nelson anyway. It is useless name dropping.

And it is that knowledge that you need to quote and put in your post, not mere mention of their name. No one learns anything from name dropping. It just serves to cheapen these discussions.

Your comments do not change a comma in my statements, except you that you try to change their intent ... Have a good day.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Oh dear - what a miserable thread of bickering.

Has anyone tried one in their system yet specifically in the Hqplayer NAA mode?

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil

In CA there are many using micro Rendu with HQPlayer in NAA mode. They report excellent results.
I will get mine in June and will use it with Roon and HQPlayer. Roon will be running in a SonicTransporter and I will leave to MacBook Pro the HQPlayer. I hope I can upsample to DSD 256 running only HQPlayer in the Mac. It takes a lot of processing.

Last edited:

jkeny

Industry Expert, Member Sponsor
Feb 9, 2012
Ireland

Yes, totally agree - misinformation & bickering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing