[SOLD] Ayre MX-R's. Single Owner. Absolutely Mint - read the reviews...a great amp !

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
For Sale:

Ayre MX-R's. Silver. All boxes, felt bags, owners manual, will look like it came from the factory.

Single owner, bought new from a authorized dealer.

$9450 USD including shipping and paypal to any address globally.

These are eligible for upgrade to MX-R 20's for 11k USD.

Let me know if you have any questions, I can take more pics if you're serious.

Thanks for looking !

(PS, the title should say MX-R's not MXR-20's !! (Steve please help-I can't edit that)

DSC_1947.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they MXR's or not? You say they are but then mention they can be upgraded to MXR's for 11k... I'm confused...

Damn...they are MXR's. I messed up the title...good catch.

So what are you getting to replace?

Not sure yet. Considering a new Robert Koda amp about to ship or maybe one of the new Nagra's....

IF those Robert Koda amps have enough power it would be hard not to put them in the running at 1st place. Good luck.

Amps are sold.

Congrats, JFrech! Great news...now you are truly free to go hunting. K-O-D-A! K-O-D-A! K-O-D-A! ;) Frankly, the amps that are out there today in the SOTA category are pretty mindblowing: Gryphon, Vitus, Boulder all come to my mind personally given that you drive the big Altairs. But equally, Koda, VTL also look both powerful as well as exceptionally transparent, clear, articulated, balanced, refined, etc...

have not heard Nagras. Look forward to hearing what you go with...have fun!

Congrats, JFrech! Great news...now you are truly free to go hunting. K-O-D-A! K-O-D-A! K-O-D-A! ;) Frankly, the amps that are out there today in the SOTA category are pretty mindblowing: Gryphon, Vitus, Boulder all come to my mind personally given that you drive the big Altairs. But equally, Koda, VTL also look both powerful as well as exceptionally transparent, clear, articulated, balanced, refined, etc...

have not heard Nagras. Look forward to hearing what you go with...have fun!

Was sad to see the Ayre's go. They have served me very well...and frankly just sounded better than a lot of things I've heard over the years...Now looking forward to a new journey ! I'll close this thread out since they are sold...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing