Short term fosters

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Sometimes I have fosters only for a week, these guys, I had for only a few days. They were trapped, fixed, and as they were friendly, sent directly for adoption. I kept them overnight and the buff orange boy was adopted the next day and I took the other two home, and eventually named them Charlie and Sukey.

As they were feral, they had absolutely no manners and scratched me up horribly the first night, so we trimmed their claws down and I tried to instill some discipline in the short time I had them. No clawing/teeth when playing with humans. No getting up on bookcases and tripping across the the bottles of wine. The place for kittens is the cat tree!

I wasn't totally successful as they were still in my lap with their paws on the table and noses in my plate as I had breakfast Saturday before bringing them to the adoption event. They went home Sunday to a family that's experienced with cats. Their old cat had passed in Winter and they were ready for new cats to love. The family was properly warned that they were high energy and need structure. :)

carrier.JPG

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Carol, here are our two new rescue kitties. Meet 13 week old Spin and Marti. They are a handful!

Spin and Marti slumbering.jpg

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Sometimes I have fosters only for a week, these guys, I had for only a few days. They were trapped, fixed, and as they were friendly, sent directly for adoption. I kept them overnight and the buff orange boy was adopted the next day and I took the other two home, and eventually named them Charlie and Sukey.

As they were feral, they had absolutely no manners and scratched me up horribly the first night, so we trimmed their claws down and I tried to instill some discipline in the short time I had them. No clawing/teeth when playing with humans. No getting up on bookcases and tripping across the the bottles of wine. The place for kittens is the cat tree!

I wasn't totally successful as they were still in my lap with their paws on the table and noses in my plate as I had breakfast Saturday before bringing them to the adoption event. They went home Sunday to a family that's experienced with cats. Their old cat had passed in Winter and they were ready for new cats to love. The family was properly warned that they were high energy and need structure. :)

View attachment 16392

Awwww.....

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
My wife is a cat person. We have three Siamese cats.

The oldest is Oliver and he is 19 years old. I am afraid he is nearing the end of his life.

I won't tell her about these short term adoptions as we'd have a house full of cats all the time!

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I won't tell her about these short term adoptions as we'd have a house full of cats all the time!

LoL. It's called fostering. :) And you have to be properly psyched for it. I don't "give them up," I "trade them in." Many a foster kitten has found a permanent home with a foster family. We call them in a teasing manner, "failed fosters." :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing