Shocking news about the Roseanne TV Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbeau

Apr 20, 2018
OKC,USA
If people don't like a program, they shouldn't watch it. They should not be able to prevent another person who likes the show from having it available.

I watch very little television and actually prefer the politically extremely incorrect as it ISN'T whitewashed and sanitized which removes a great deal of creativity and intent of the writers.

--------------------

I couldn't agree more.

+1

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
I'm not blind, come on Al where's that racism that you accuse of?

david

There is none.

However on a policy front the left validating the need for illegal aliens (doing the job no American would do) or their policies of Government dependency for certain groups is as racist as it gets.

From an invective standpoint look no further than Reid’s, Bill Clinton’s comments pertaining to Obama or HC and Biden’s pathological rhetoric to blacks and about “Indians”. Or JJ and Hymietown. So many it’s hysterical. You can’t make this up if you tried.

But to them “it’s different” like Maher calling Palin a “dumb cu-t”

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Define behave. No they didn't "violate" them, but I think the issue is a bigger concern. You have to remember that she could have said something utterly benign, but if it was labeled wrongly she'd still get axed.

Not behaving = tossing a racial and religious slur at a specific person. I thought that was pretty clear.

She didn't say anything benign.

They had already begun season 2 planning so despite her right leaning views they were just fine continuing with her show.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Disagree with you there. The biggest racists in today’s society are the left and Progressives in particular.

If you like I can cite multiple examples from a policy and individual standpoint. Trust me there is no dearth

This is a classic example of the full embrace of the Soviet tactic of misdirection and What-about-ism by the extreme right. "Trumps not racist...Hillary's racist!" "Trump's not corrupt, the FBI's corrupt!" "Trump didn't collude with the Russians, Hillary sold them uranium!"

The great Ronald Reagan is rolling in his grave.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Are you so blind, David, to need to ask me for an answer?

Anyway, I welcome conservatism as an economic stance. In fact, we need a good ying and yang, otherwise liberals will blow a hole through our budget. Oh, that's the Republicans who just recently did this again. Never mind.

Your very conclusion is contradictory as I point out to ever “liberal” who likes to say they are fiscally conservative but socially liberal.

Can’t and never will have it both ways. Reading between the lines “I’m all in favor of socially liberal programs BUT I just don’t want to pay for what I endorse; let others do that”

It doesn’t work that way.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
What is it you don’t get? I understand Progressives like to define appropriateness as they are the vision of the anointed BUT had Maher called her just dumb without reference to “twat or cu-t” maybe it wouldn’t rise to the despicable misogynistic insult it was. Had a conservative said the same their career would be over. And trust me there is no dearth of dumb women (& men) on the left.

That is BS. The last time I looked someone get elected by conservatives despite mocking a women for having her period.

I don't see how this has become a political issue. I would think everyone would be supportive of people being penalized for being racist.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Not behaving = tossing a racial and religious slur at a specific person. I thought that was pretty clear.

She didn't say anything benign.

They had already begun season 2 planning so despite her right leaning views they were just fine continuing with her show.

I'm not suggesting a law for Rosanne. I'm suggesting that everyone knows there are lines, and they are written down. Just think of how many common sense laws we have...

It simply doesn't help to have ambiguity.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
This is a classic example of the full embrace of the Soviet tactic of misdirection and What-about-ism by the extreme right. "Trumps not racist...Hillary's racist!" "Trump's not corrupt, the FBI's corrupt!" "Trump didn't collude with the Russians, Hillary sold them uranium!"

The great Ronald Reagan is rolling in his grave.

Ehh yes Hillary and her husband are racist and have made many racist comments. Show us the Trump corruption and Russian collusion?? You can’t because there is none.

Quite the contrary it is YOU who is guilty of the “Soviet tactic of misdirection”

Progressives love to throw around their calumny no matter because to them the ends justifies the means and that’s all that counts.

dbeau

Apr 20, 2018
OKC,USA
Regret the divisions on this otherwise great site.
After military/Army, I earned our living farming (50+ yrs) in the 'beautiful' and progressive California until regulations, laws and PC stuff became too much for us and we rented our land and moved to the 'ugly' central USA, OK, where I guess we are now deemed 'low-lifes' surrounded by like low-lifes, but are much more content and happy in this environment.
Never the less, here too exists musical events and my audio kit so what's to miss except a hope for a WBF that inhibits personal attacks against each other regarding non-audio preferences.
Just a new member so please accept my apologies before the flame salvo coming :rolleyes:
Dave

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
That is BS. The last time I looked someone get elected by conservatives despite mocking a women for having her period.

I don't see how this has become a political issue. I would think everyone would be supportive of people being penalized for being racist.

Don’t twist what I said. Her employer had every right to fire her for her racist comments. I was making a comparison to the racist comments of Harry Reid, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton as well as Biden as well as leftist entertainers who have made despicable misogynist and racist comments who get a pass.

You on the left just want to pick and chose what is or is not acceptable. I call it hypocritical.

As to a conservative getting elected who mocked women do you really want to go there?? Please.

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
The division in our society today is tragic. Good, moral people on both sides being manipulated by non-truths concocted from bad context and flat out lies. IMO, possibly the worst example of this is the constant claims by the left that (often) conservatives are racists, a statement that is patently absurd on its face and evil of the highest proportion. It is an intentional strategic manipulation employed by the left to divide, seek capitulation, and achieve empowerment and the worst part of this shameful ploy, it has made make race relations much worse not better. More and more I see false claims of bigotry begetting real bigotry among otherwise good but week people in our society because they are fed up with constantly being falsely accused of this extreme form of evil. It is truly sad.

That said, what Rosanne did was shameful and deserves abject condemnation. ABC has every right to respond on moral, commercial or any other grounds they see fit.

However, returning back to my initial point, I find the post below some of the most offensive I have seen on this forum or maybe any of the forums I frequent. It is a classic case of the type of extremely harmful and inaccurate bias that is leading to the demise of our great society. I refuse to believe that most of those making such absurd comments about millions of fellow Americans are doing it out of ignorance but rather are knowing foot soldiers in what is essentially a civil war where non-truths and manipulation are the arsenal of choice. I fear bad things are on the horizon.

Unfortunately today's conservatism often equals racism, rather than a plain ole fashioned economic stance (the latter to which I am somewhat sympathetic), so we have a problem.

You nailed it.

Yup. As I said, unfortunately today's conservatism often equals racism, rather than a plain ole fashioned economic stance. I'd have no problem with the latter.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Don’t twist what I said. Her employer had every right to fire her for her racist comments. I was making a comparison to the racist comments of Harry Reid, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton as well as Biden as well as leftist entertainers who have made despicable misogynist and racist comments who get a pass.

You on the left just want to pick and chose what is or is not acceptable. I call it hypocritical.

As to a conservative getting elected who mocked women do you really want to go there?? Please.

So all liberals are all the same? How do you know that I don't think Bill Clinton is a low life (I do). How do you know that I don't like Hillary (I don't).

Stop assuming that everyone in a group is the same. That's the issue with this country. Just group everyone together.

There have been a lot of racist comments about a lot of people. That doesn't give Roseanne a pass. She got booted, rightfully so.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Ehh yes Hillary and her husband are racist and have made many racist comments. Show us the Trump corruption and Russian collusion?? You can’t because there is none.

Quite the contrary it is YOU who is guilty of the “Soviet tactic of misdirection”

Progressives love to throw around their calumny no matter because to them the ends justifies the means and that’s all that counts.

76 independently confirmed meetings with Russian operatives is 76 too many. Don't you think?

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
So all liberals are all the same? How do you know that I don't think Bill Clinton is a low life (I do). How do you know that I don't like Hillary (I don't).

Stop assuming that everyone in a group is the same. That's the issue with this country. Just group everyone together.

There have been a lot of racist comments about a lot of people. That doesn't give Roseanne a pass. She got booted, rightfully so.

I guess you keep MISSING the point that I think her employer had every right to fire her for her racist comments just like every liberal should be held accountable for their racist, misogynistic and other defamatory comments but unfortunately they are not. In fact they are often given a heroes welcome. It’s pretty pathetic.

Again I have no issue with her being fired. The old saying of people living in glass houses....

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
76 independently confirmed meetings with Russian operatives is 76 too many. Don't you think?

Laughable and bogus claim.

Give me the liberal cut and paste justification taking the bogus internet report and then pasting it as though fact.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
The division in our society today is tragic. Good, moral people on both sides being manipulated by non-truths concocted from bad context and flat out lies. IMO, possibly the worst example of this is the constant claims by the left that (often) conservatives are racists, a statement that is patently absurd on its face and evil of the highest proportion. It is an intentional strategic manipulation employed by the left to divide, seek capitulation, and achieve empowerment and the worst part of this shameful ploy, it has made make race relations much worse not better. More and more I see false claims of bigotry begetting real bigotry among otherwise good but week people in our society because they are fed up with constantly being falsely accused of this extreme form of evil. It is truly sad.

That said, what Rosanne did was shameful and deserves abject condemnation. ABC has every right to respond on moral, commercial or any other grounds they see fit.

However, returning back to my initial point, I find the post below some of the most offensive I have seen on this forum or maybe any of the forums I frequent. It is a classic case of the type of extremely harmful and inaccurate bias that is leading to the demise of our great society. I refuse to believe that most of those making such absurd comments about millions of fellow Americans are doing it out of ignorance but rather are knowing foot soldiers in what is essentially a civil war where non-truths and manipulation are the arsenal of choice. I fear bad things are on the horizon.

Dead on!!

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I guess you keep MISSING the point that I think her employer had every right to fire her for her racist comments just like every liberal should be held accountable for their racist, misogynistic and other defamatory comments but unfortunately they are not. In fact they are often given a heroes welcome. It’s pretty pathetic.

Again I have no issue with her being fired. The old saying of people living in glass houses....

You keep saying I am missing the point because you are missing my point.

Why are you bringing liberals into this? I don't understand. Are you saying that liberals are the only ones who look the other way when someone says something they shouldn't?

Exactly who is suggesting that ALL people shouldn't be penalized for being racist or anti-semitic or bigoted in any way?

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Laughable and bogus claim.

Give me the liberal cut and paste justification taking the bogus internet report and then pasting it as though fact.

There have been 5 guilty pleas and 17 indictments since the investigation began. Seems pretty worthwhile to me. I would think all Americans would be happy about that, regardless of political affiliation.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA

With all due respect, are you implying that no one on the right is trying to devide the nation? It’s all the fault of the left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing