She Was My Favorite Clampett

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Donna Douglas, aka Elly May Clampett, passes away at age 81

how many of you can remember the Beverly Hillbillies and Ellie May in her short shorts and tight blouse. One of the funniest shows of that era IMO

Family members say Donna Douglas passed away this morning at the age of 81.

Douglas was an actress, best known for her role as Elly May Clampett, the only daughter of Jed Clampett, in the CBS television series The Beverly Hillbillies.

In 2011, Douglas sued toy manufacturer Mattel Inc., claiming the company used her name and likeness for a Barbie doll without authorization. The suit was settled.

She was born in 1933, in Pride, LA and lived in Zachary, LA.

Douglas attended St. Gerard High School, a Roman Catholic school, where she played softball and basketball. She was a member of the school's first graduating class.

She was a "Miss Baton Rouge" and was named "Miss New Orleans" in 1957.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
She was certainly the Clampett I enjoyed looking at the most.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
RIP. Good show, with the fancy eating table, and the cement pond. I will never forget Granny always wanting some rheumatis medicine.

Occam

[Industry Expert]
Dec 15, 2010
NYC
Donna Douglas was also the 'repugnant' beautiful patient, with repeated failed plastic surgeries, in the original Twilight Zone's Eye of the Beholder

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
That was a great episode. I loved The Twilight Zone.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing