Rowland M725

clab

Feb 12, 2012
traveling but based in Switzerland
Hi Guido

a big review, 5 and 1/2 pages of text + front cover !

surprising that with such a low damping factor they are able to drive these Magico monsters ...

Magico speakers need a lot of power and the Q7 is the biggest model they are building now.

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
Hi Claude, fact is that Magico Q7 may to be more sensitive than my own Vienna Die Muzik... And M725, in spite of damping factor that is modestly declared to be "greater than 200", control their bass better than the older M312, which has a damping factor greater than 1000. I am starting to understand why Jeff rowland has been telling me for years that the damping factor number above 100 or so, may not make a great difference per se... What matters is the design and execution of the total amp. Guido

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
All, Positive Feedback has posted my compact review of the Rowland M725 monoblocks on issue 64 for November 2012. You will find it on the 2012 Writers Awards page at:

http://positive-feedback.com/Issue64/awards.htm

Once you open the URL, search for the string "725".

Merry Christmas! Guido

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing