Dynamikks or may Boenike

Adco

Feb 1, 2021
Just did a search on the site for Dynamikks Audio speakers and while mentioned several times could not find any detailed talk about them.

I was thinking of trying them or Boenike.
While utterly different speakers I have heard good things about them both

the Dynamikks Monitor 12 or the Boenicke W11 are likely candidates

currently I am running a set of Arteluthe Stillettos and while I really like these I’m in search of just a little more dynamics …. Although the vocal presentation of the Arteluthe will be tough to beat at these price points

current amplifiers are bespoke Clayton Audio M200 Class A monos that are custum built with 375000 micro farads of juice behind them and massive transformers …the preamp is Jeff Rowland Corus

any interesting ideas here I’m all ears ( so to speak)

thanks in advance

gestalt

Aug 3, 2019
Nashville, TN
gestalt.audio
You might also consider the Wolf von Langa SON (state-of-the-art German field coil dipoles) in a similar budget range.

Reactions: djsina2

Adco

Feb 1, 2021
Are those note produced by the same guys that make Cube speakers??….
the sure look interesting

gestalt

Aug 3, 2019
Nashville, TN
gestalt.audio
Are those note produced by the same guys that make Cube speakers?
Totally different companies.
they sure look interesting
Yeah! They're fantastic. Won Product of the Year 2022 from The Absolute Sound and is on their 2023 Editors' Choice Awards list.

Adco

Feb 1, 2021
Thanks for the reply, very interesting

I was also looking for the speaker the Cube guys brought out under a different name, I watched a video and subsequently forgot the name
They seemed impressive and of coarse the Cube stuff , while not really for me, is also a great product for tube guys

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Arco,

The Arteluthe speakers are beautiful and created by a very talented designer. I love how their midrange driver covers such a wide bandwidth and is no doubt a major reason for their excellence in that regard. I am quite familiar with the Boenike's and they offer superb musicality and do a great disappearing act but in my experience, while they will provide more potent bass then your Arteluthes the 11s are unlikely to provide improvements. Dynamik model 12s are terrific and a great value and are noted for their dynamics, however you may lose the midrange magic you cherish with your current speakers.

If you can wait until Munich 2024 in May AEquo Audio will be launching their new series of three way loudspeakers incorporating an entirely new metal matrix composite cast modeled enclosure technology. Like the Arteluthes, they will feature incredible driver technology and a focus on coherence but are expected to be a class leader in terms of bass extension and dynamics. There will be two models, the "Adamantis", a passive version and the "Ensium" with a slightly different midrange and active powered woofer including their unique ARPEC analog room acoustics control module. Both models will work wonders with your current electronics.

I will be updating Forum Members as AEquo gets closer. Regardless, good luck with your search.

AEquo-Adamantis and Ensium.png

Reactions: cdka

cdka

Jun 4, 2022
. Estaremos atentos a las actualizaciones.
Gracias.

Adco

Feb 1, 2021
Arco,

The Arteluthe speakers are beautiful and created by a very talented designer. I love how their midrange driver covers such a wide bandwidth and is no doubt a major reason for their excellence in that regard. I am quite familiar with the Boenike's and they offer superb musicality and do a great disappearing act but in my experience, while they will provide more potent bass then your Arteluthes the 11s are unlikely to provide improvements. Dynamik model 12s are terrific and a great value and are noted for their dynamics, however you may lose the midrange magic you cherish with your current speakers.

If you can wait until Munich 2024 in May AEquo Audio will be launching their new series of three way loudspeakers incorporating an entirely new metal matrix composite cast modeled enclosure technology. Like the Arteluthes, they will feature incredible driver technology and a focus on coherence but are expected to be a class leader in terms of bass extension and dynamics. There will be two models, the "Adamantis", a passive version and the "Ensium" with a slightly different midrange and active powered woofer including their unique ARPEC analog room acoustics control module. Both models will work wonders with your current electronics.

I will be updating Forum Members as AEquo gets closer. Regardless, good luck with your search.

View attachment 118987
Thank you for your response

yes, I do really like certain things about the Arteluthe. Honestly , you hit it right on the head, their mid band coherence is really very special . in some ways my gut tells me I may have to jump up in the money category to get an all around improve my verses a lateral “change”
I am in no hurry but I suffer much of the same thing most people in this hobby do…. No bricks and mortar stores carrying products I’m interested in.
Living in London Ontario my options are limited. There are some decent showrooms in the greater Toronto area and further out some great retailers in Montreal but none of them are a casual drive away

my hope is the good community in this forum will give me some data to chew on… start there

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Arco, a few more thoughts....

I will have the AEquo speakers in the US in June and would likely have a dealer in NYC you can visit for a listen. In the meantime, may I suggest you visit Angie at American Sound and check out the Avantgarde line-up. Their new active powered versions may be just the ticket (passively powered also available).To compliment them you might also consider a great tube preamplifier at the same time to enhance the midrange and give you some nice tonal saturation not available in SS. Advantgardes have the dynamics in spades. With careful cabling and the right preamplifier you should be able to retain the incredible mid-range of the Arteluthe and get all the dynamics you are after.

You might also contact Hearken Audio in Toronto. They carry Trafomatic tube gear and the Lara two-box Class A balanced preamplifier, an affordable, extremely well built tube preamp I would highly suggest for use in that system. PM anytime and of course, What's Best is the place to get ideas on achieving your goals!

6861656330_0_g.jpg

Adco

Feb 1, 2021
Do we know who sells the Wolf von Langa speakers in Canada or more specifically Ontario ?

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Do we know who sells the Wolf von Langa speakers in Canada or more specifically Ontario ?
Please reach out to Mr. Colin King, Gestalt Audio in Nashville for information.

McDee275

Nov 4, 2021
Germany
Dynamikks Monitor 12 and the Boenicke W11 are two totally different speaker designs.

The Dynamikks Monitor 12 is a passive 10 Ohm two-way 93 dB @ 1W/1m speaker with a 1" Compression driven horn and a 10" bass reflex loaded woofer

and the

Boenicke W11 is a passive 6 Ohm three-way 86-89 dB speaker with a 10" bass, a 6" midrange, and a 3" widebander driver.

The Dynamikks Monitor 12 is a fast, very fast speaker and a easy load for amplifiers, especially tubes.

The Boenicke W 11 will give you, based on their 3-way system, a much finer, more detailed sound but will lack the speed of the Dynamikks in any way.

You should listen to both of them first, making up your mind which sound you prefer and which speakers will match better to your already existing hardware.

By the way:
I hear mostly Jazz and Rock, music, so I prefer speed instead of detail and therefore I hear with a pair of Dynamikks Model 12.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing