Roti Prata

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I've been a sucker for crepes for a long time and in my visit to Singapore last week with the family, I chanced upon a food court nearby Swissotel Stamford that sells Roti Prata, which looks like crepes to me but was being spun around by a young Indian who had a hard time communicating with me but ultimately I was able to get a Roti Prata with banana. :) First time for me to taste it and it was lovely. My teen son also loved it though he was able to put on the spicy sauce while my acidic condition forbade it. I could have eaten more were it not for the closeness to dinner time but it was good to discover something new for this French crepe lover. Now there is a variant from Singapore. :)

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
jadis, we discussed it here:
http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...-to-do-with-eggs&p=45486&viewfull=1#post45486

One of the most popular snacks in Singapore. It's called Roti Canai in Malaysia. Fortunately for me, it's easily available in the US in a cooked frozen form which is pretty good.

Cool, Gary. Didn't catch that old discussion before but now that I am aware of Roti Prata, it makes the reading even more fun. And great to have videos of it too! Watching the Indian guy spun off the dough whetted up my appetite then. That roti looked so good to eat even before it was fried on the hot plate. LOL

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing