Rock around the Clock

Cleese74

Jul 28, 2019
Hello!
I am a happy user of Esoteric K03-XD and Cybershaft OP21 (with 4 outputs). When I'm not using the Esoteric transport I launch the music from a Lumin U1 connected to a NAS. I am now considering adding an Antipodes S30 with a big SSD and removing the NAS. The question is: Can I connect the entire chain to the Master Clock or is it enough to have it connected to the Esoteric?

Thanks!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
It seems that there isn't any external clock input on Antipodes servers.
Some of the Aurender models such as N20/N30/W20SE do have ext clock inputs.

Reactions: Cleese74

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
What about an esoteric clock which has numerous inputs? May be worth considering

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Hello!
I am a happy user of Esoteric K03-XD and Cybershaft OP21 (with 4 outputs). When I'm not using the Esoteric transport I launch the music from a Lumin U1 connected to a NAS. I am now considering adding an Antipodes S30 with a big SSD and removing the NAS. The question is: Can I connect the entire chain to the Master Clock or is it enough to have it connected to the Esoteric?

Thanks!
Hello,

I have the Esoteric K-03XS.
I have connected it with a Grimm CC1 v1.
But I listen all my CD with the very old DAC: Mark Levinson N360S.
I use AES/EBU.

The clock is a product to synchronise all the digital products.

I think clock is important when we record some music.

In my case, because my old DAC has no clock's input,
I have done this:
The CC1v1 is equipped with a slave function, so equipment without WordClock inputs can take advantage of the CC1v1 by connecting it in the AES/EBU connection between the transport and DAC for its superior Jitter Cleanup function.

Please, note that in AES/EBU, you have the clock signal inside and the data inside too.

You can find more explications here .
It is written in Chinese but use the option'translate in English ' and you can read theirs explications.

If you want to use clock's signal, you must chose an Aurender.

Regards

Reactions: Cleese74

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Forgotten a question: is that really better with the Cybershaft? Thanks

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Sadly YES :)D:D:D). The Esoteric K03-XD it's better with an external clock to my ears. The most noticeable is with SACD an CD (spinning discs).
Thanks

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing