Robert Koda Takumi K15 Preamp

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Great photo! Wow...and Apogee Stages in the back no less! If those are Stages, they are one of my favorite speakers of all time.

I notice you place your K15EX on top of 4 feet...are the footers sitting directly under the K15EX feet? Thanks!

4FUN

Oct 2, 2020
Hi Duy. I thought it was you. I bought your Accuphase C-37 a couple of years ago. Still going strong. Would like to hear the new C-47.
Did you ever get your analog set up?

The sound you get in that small room is amazing.

Cheers Shane
Dear Shane , thank you and nice to see you here . I have 3 turntables Kondo GINGA - Spiral Grove- Kuzma XL set up, when you have time please come over .

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Surely will do ,as this is very new phone I just changed new phone couples days ago ,will record video for you guys
You start posting videos, the moderators will stay away from this thread. And you will be saved from intervention.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
@bonzo75 You see that antenna looking brass In the middle? It works as miracle as your magic Darlby record weight except it is not for the same function. Maybe You want to find out if it works when play suspended or non-suspended tt. :D

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
@bonzo75 You see that antenna looking brass In the middle? It works as miracle as your magic Darlby record weight except it is not for the same function. Maybe You want to find out if it works when play suspended or non-suspended tt. :D

I already played around with them in Jeroen's previous Magico room before he moved to horns and at another dealer's. I can't help but notice your inability to not distinguish the differences between tweaks and paint everything with the same brush

Reactions: gian60

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I already played around with them in Jeroen's previous Magico room before he moved to horns and at another dealer's. I can't help but notice your inability to not distinguish the differences between tweaks and paint everything with the same brush
It must work well with the suspended tt then. :D
Of course I hear the differences. Anything I added or taken out of my system I heard the differences. Broad brush? No. I was just making fun of you who go diy route but invest in $7,000 sound tuning device.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Good Morning

Here in Southern California the sun is just rising. I was overwhelmed by the number of comments and complaints about this htread

I issued my admonition yesterday to both plasmod3 and verita7 to cease and desist but the war raged on here openly at WBF and we willl not tolerate this

I was tempted to close the thread but decided to keep it open at the request of those who are posting in the thread. As a result I have just spent the past hour sanitizing the thread in order to get it back on topic. I can assure you that the 2 perpetrators won't be posting in this thread again. With that in mind I am hoping that the deletion of a multitude of nasty posts will get this thread back on topic. Next time it will be closed

Reactions: 4FUN

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
If you open the case, you will find that the volume control is connected to different resistors. By rotating the volume control, it will choose different resistors. Unless, Robert builds in some motor switch, I don’t think there will be remote control.
Does anyone know how Zanden did it with their 3000 Mk2? I know the original 3000 preamp was also no-remote. But the new upgrade has one. Is it some kind of isolated mechanical rotator of the existing 3000 volume attenuator?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
You start posting videos, the moderators will stay away from this thread. And you will be saved from intervention.

Yes Tang and I post videos else we would be long banned. Lagonda is in danger though so he better start

Reactions: gian60 and Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Yes Tang and I post videos else we would be long banned. Lagonda is in danger though so he better start
I’m always in danger Ked, story of my life, i have. a hard time keeping my big mouth shut, and questionable taste on top :rolleyes: Regretfully the internet has banned me from posting home videos long ago ;)

Reactions: bonzo75

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Does anyone know how Zanden did it with their 3000 Mk2? I know the original 3000 preamp was also no-remote. But the new upgrade has one. Is it some kind of isolated mechanical rotator of the existing 3000 volume attenuator?

From the Hifi+ Review of the Zanden 3000Mk2: https://www.hifiplus.com/articles/zanden-model-3000mk2-line-preamplifier/

"...Zanden has also retained the highest quality ALPS analogue potentiometer while successfully implementing a motor drive system to achieve remote volume control. The model Model 3000mk2 also includes a full function remote which controls power, volume, switching of sources, absolute or reverse polarity and a mute function..."

Reactions: marmota

marmota

Feb 3, 2016
Apart from adding a remote control, a Robert Koda integrated amp would be amazing. Something that trickles down tech from the K160 but less powerful and priced like the K10 preamp would be incredible.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have to say, as I get to know the K15EX better and better...I find it a rare piece where its designer has clearly given this piece a lot of thought. It is extraordinarily 'of a whole' from top to bottom...its sound, its character. It does not present 'strengths' per se because there is nothing that stands out...though in comparison with the CJ GAT 2 it is overall outstanding.

Although you need a lot of damping on the Zanden digital with NOS tubes...once you get there, it seems very similar in my experience. Music pours forth, and there is less of a 'strength' here or there...instead, you get a complete, full picture of music. The Koda K15EX is the same.

It will be very very interesting when the Gryphon Mephisto returns hopefully next week as planned. I have spoken with one owner of this combination along with a manufacturer who owns the Koda personally, as well as with Robert himself personally. We shall see.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing