RIP Chris Sommovigo of Black Cat Cable

Afveep

Jun 9, 2010
www.xtremefidelity.net
Another industry icon passes. Chris died very suddenly on Monday. He was an artisan and created many well-regarded cable lines. Condolences to his family and industry friends.
Tom
XtremeFidelity

ChrisS.jpeg

Jim Smith

Industry Expert
Dec 14, 2012
I posted this on another forum - it's so true:

This is so hard to believe and accept.

Chris was in great shape, always fun to be around, overall a great and super nice person who just happened to also be brilliant.

What a loss, first to his loving family, his friends, and the audio industry.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Yes he was good friend of mine--I was told yesterday-heart attack was presumed but not confirmed.

RIP Chris

BruceD

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Yes he was good friend of mine--I was told yesterday-heart attack was presumed but not confirmed.

RIP Chris

BruceD
Such a shame they moved back to US not too long ago, hope his family can cope.

david

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Such a shame they moved back to US not too long ago, hope his family can cope.

david
Yes I gather his mother was ailing hence the return--I've just heard from another of Chris's friends they are reaching out to Mayu for support
for her and the two children.
Indeed sad at 55 and with still a full life in front of him.

God Bless,
BruceD

Fred Crane

Industry Expert
Apr 23, 2020
Another industry icon passes. Chris died very suddenly on Monday. He was an artisan and created many well-regarded cable lines. Condolences to his family and industry friends.
Tom
XtremeFidelity

View attachment 96963
I'll miss talking to him. We had a great time at Munich some years ago and kept in touch thereafter. My thoughts are with his Mom, wife, and his two beautiful kids. His passing at 55 is a universal wrong...we've lost a great member of the audio community.

Fred Crane

Industry Expert
Apr 23, 2020
A good time in Munich...RIP, Chris.

Chris and I in Munich.jpg

Reactions: BruceD

Afveep

Jun 9, 2010
www.xtremefidelity.net
Reactions: BruceD and ddk

Fsonicsmith

Jun 25, 2015
I am shocked and saddened. Never met him but I felt I knew him from the many years of being a repeat customer and his newsletters.
I hate saying "I just donated, you should too" but I will anyway.

Reactions: Afveep

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
Such a kind, passionate, brilliant one Chris was. So very sad to hear this news. RIP ??

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing