Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms

Rhapsody.Audio- Listening Rooms (RLRs)

Rhapsody.Audio would like to announce that within the next 3-4 months there will be multiple new locations where several of the product lines that Rhapsody.Audio represents will be available to audition via Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms (RLRs).

Initially, the RLR’s will have the products available for demonstration mentioned below. Upon opening, the DFW RLR will have a very similar product offering as that available at Rhapsody.Audio in Manhattan.

Over time, all locations will be expanding their portfolio to a comparable scale as that of NYC/DFW.

The RLRs will be available to host auditions by appointment. All product ordering and delivery logistics will be processed and supported from the Rhapsody.Audio NYC location.

Product assistance and installation will be supported by Rhapsody.Audio NYC along with the RLRs depending on customer location.

The RLR locations are:

Portland - Rhapsody.Audio RLR

Products available to audition (coming soon)

-Pilium

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

Dallas/Fort Worth Rhapsody.Audio DFW

Products available to audition:

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

-Pilium

-VYGER

-Kondo

-Taiko Audio

-VYDA

West Palm Beach & Miami (2 Florida locations) Rhapsody.Audio WPB/Miami

West Palm Beach will open initially. Miami will follow when the RLR is ready to host customers.

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Chicago, IL Rhapsody.Audio Chicago

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Long Island, NY Rhapsody.Audio Long Island

-Kondo

-Alsyvox

Dallas-RLR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to start doing live symphonies to get classical music
:)

Regards
Maybe I am misinterpreting your comment but I don't believe that generalization is true. By "get", I assume you mean comprehend and enjoy. For many, classical music is an "acquired" taste requiring repeated exposure (and concentration) to understand and appreciate the complexities and nuances of the compositions be it in a domestic or live concert venue.

I took my step daughter to numerous classical concerts and she never "got" it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobvin
Luckily Walter Becker from Steely Dan can't hear it anymore. R.I.P. who produced the LP. The dynamic is extraordinary.
Imagen how good it would have been with a all analog recording chain. "Girl at her Volcano " too ! Dynamics on "On the boardwalk " are great ! :)

Reactions: Bobvin
Imagen how good it would have been with a all analog recording chain. "Girl at her Volcano " too ! Dynamics on "On the boardwalk " are great ! :)
Well, we can't agree on anything. As far as I know, the studio has only produced analog recordings up to 2007. the recording is excellent.

Gear list button. you see only R2R machines no digital. For cd you need ad converter to dat or harddrive but I think it is unlikely in 1989 with a hard drive;)
Plenty of digital recorders around from 82 and forward, current gear list is absolutely no indication of what was used 35 years ago, analog has had some revival in some studios, some customers ask for it. Digital was the trend back then and that recording sounds like it to me, the DDD on the CD indicates a digital first step, the recording. The recordings where recorded at 3 different studios, and probably merged digitally too.IMG_2800.png

Last edited:
Plenty of digital recorders around from 82 and forward, current gear list is absolutely no indication of what was used 35 years ago, analog has had some revival in some studios, some customers ask for it. Digital was the trend back then and that recording sounds like it to me, the DDD on the CD indicates a digital first step, the recording. The recordings where recorded at 3 different studios, and probably merged digitally too.View attachment 130329
On my lp nothing about DDD, maybe it's a digital recording but sounds great. The first PCM digital recordings were made in 1978, e.g. Ry Cooder bop till drop.20240507_234515.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagonda
Maybe I am misinterpreting your comment but I don't believe that generalization is true. By "get", I assume you mean comprehend and enjoy. For many, classical music is an "acquired" taste requiring repeated exposure (and concentration) to understand and appreciate the complexities and nuances of the compositions be it in a domestic or live concert venue.

I took my step daughter to numerous classical concerts and she never "got" it.

She was not yet ready to get it , i didn't until into my 30’s and mostly after attending a few symphonies , its really difficult to appreciate classical music from just recordings via a playback system , attending live concerts is a must IMO , then recordings via playback becomes a fill as one now has a reference ..

Regards

Maybe she just preferred other types of music which turned out to be the case. A very common occurence with artistic expression and personal tastes.

Think about it. It really is a simple concept. Sorry I posted a contrary opinion. Won't make that mistake again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagonda
And now I am breaking in a new pair of Heretic 612s… with only about 24 hours on them they are clearly very special speakers. Running them in with the Pilium, the 97 db efficient Heretics should be a lot of fun with my new TriodeLabs 45 Evo SET integrated.

I’ll post a better pic when I have some ambient light in the room, and throw up a youtube video after they’ve got a couple hundred hours on them.

IMG_5456.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing