Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms

Rhapsody.Audio- Listening Rooms (RLRs)

Rhapsody.Audio would like to announce that within the next 3-4 months there will be multiple new locations where several of the product lines that Rhapsody.Audio represents will be available to audition via Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms (RLRs).

Initially, the RLR’s will have the products available for demonstration mentioned below. Upon opening, the DFW RLR will have a very similar product offering as that available at Rhapsody.Audio in Manhattan.

Over time, all locations will be expanding their portfolio to a comparable scale as that of NYC/DFW.

The RLRs will be available to host auditions by appointment. All product ordering and delivery logistics will be processed and supported from the Rhapsody.Audio NYC location.

Product assistance and installation will be supported by Rhapsody.Audio NYC along with the RLRs depending on customer location.

The RLR locations are:

Portland - Rhapsody.Audio RLR

Products available to audition (coming soon)

-Pilium

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

Dallas/Fort Worth Rhapsody.Audio DFW

Products available to audition:

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

-Pilium

-VYGER

-Kondo

-Taiko Audio

-VYDA

West Palm Beach & Miami (2 Florida locations) Rhapsody.Audio WPB/Miami

West Palm Beach will open initially. Miami will follow when the RLR is ready to host customers.

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Chicago, IL Rhapsody.Audio Chicago

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Long Island, NY Rhapsody.Audio Long Island

-Kondo

-Alsyvox

Dallas-RLR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Bob, as you indicated I imagine a host of different gear will do nicely with those gems. And yes, I figured you were having fun...
For some reason I think any quality electronics will do the job. I do not think to get A+ performance one would have to change their electronics if they like what they already own. OTHER THAN amplification that is <50 Watts/channel.

I also think that the M7 does NOT represent a "Magico Sound". They just make music and depending on the type of amplification/room/system any good audiophile would be able to tailor the sound to their amazement.

Reactions: Bobvin and John T
For some reason I think any quality electronics will do the job. I do not think to get A+ performance one would have to change their electronics if they like what they already own. OTHER THAN amplification tha is <50 Watts/channel.

I also think that the M7 does NOT represent a "Magico Sound". They just make music and depending on the type of amplification/room/system any good audiophile would be able to tailor the sound to their amazement.
I think you just hit upon the million-dollar question "Magico Sound". People assume one iteration will be similar. With a 4 way design along with M9 attributes, I think that in itself should change that assumption...At least I would hope...

I think you just hit upon the million-dollar question "Magico Sound". People assume one iteration will be similar. With a 4 way design along with M9 attributes, I think that in itself should change that assumption...At least I would hope...
Time will tell, but the M7 is even different than the M9 to me. The M9 is for a big room and has an IMAX capability. The M7 in my 15' X 24' X 9' room plays to the room. The physical size of the M7 is not overly imposing.

Sonically of course the M7 disappears and the soundstage, depending on the recording, appears to go pretty far beyond both the side and wall behind the speakers. On certain recordings there is an overall room encompassment that feels like you have rear SS speakers.

On hard rock or large classical tracks the room can feel like the walls are going to fall down but everything stays intact sonically.

The sound definitely changes with switching between electronics but regardless of the change the sound still stays stellar.

Hey Bob - I've found in the past that some sealed box designs like Magic & YG need to be driven at a certain volume to come alive. How does the M7 fair in this regard?

Reactions: PeterA
Hey Bob - I've found in the past that some sealed box designs like Magic & YG need to be driven at a certain volume to come alive. How does the M7 fair in this regard?
Not at all am I finding this with the M7. Actually as I am running them 24/7 during the day I play George Winston piano music at very, moderate volume and even from another room I feel like there’s a piano in the room where the M7s are.

I think because I am finding that they are very efficient is the reason they do not need power to light up.

Reactions: PYP and heihei
Don’t want to harsh the vibe on the M7s, but last night had fun playing some of my Steely Dan UHQR 45s. The ”Gaucho” 45 was posted as releasing back in December but now is slated for release on April 15 (maybe to ease the pain of tax day?)

I have one of the rare MCA Audiophile copies, one of the best sounding records in my entire collection. I’ll post another video once I have the 45 and let the folks who can hear deep into videos have fun. The 45 has a steep hill to climb vs this pressing. The other new 45s from the Dan library have been great, so I’m eager to get the new Gaucho. Steely Dan (and Donald Fagen) along with Van Morrison probably describe my primary musical tastes — jazz, blues, and funk though I’m pretty eclectic beyond that.

With Axpona happening, and the consensus show conditions typically yield poor sonics, why not use iPhone videos — condemned equally for poor sonics.

I’m posting the Coleman Hawkins / Ben Webster cut because there is already a video of that in Chris’ room in Dallas with Roma Triode speakers. For the folks who can hear more deeply into videos than myself, have fun!

The second is just a really fun cut from the Caro Emerald LP “The Shocking Miss Emerald.”

Rhapsody.Audio- Listening Rooms (RLRs)

Rhapsody.Audio would like to announce that within the next 3-4 months there will be multiple new locations where several of the product lines that Rhapsody.Audio represents will be available to audition via Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms (RLRs).

Initially, the RLR’s will have the products available for demonstration mentioned below. Upon opening, the DFW RLR will have a very similar product offering as that available at Rhapsody.Audio in Manhattan.

Over time, all locations will be expanding their portfolio to a comparable scale as that of NYC/DFW.

The RLRs will be available to host auditions by appointment. All product ordering and delivery logistics will be processed and supported from the Rhapsody.Audio NYC location.

Product assistance and installation will be supported by Rhapsody.Audio NYC along with the RLRs depending on customer location.

The RLR locations are:

Portland - Rhapsody.Audio RLR

Products available to audition (coming soon)

-Pilium

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

Dallas/Fort Worth Rhapsody.Audio DFW

Products available to audition:

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

-Pilium

-VYGER

-Kondo

-Taiko Audio

-VYDA

West Palm Beach & Miami (2 Florida locations) Rhapsody.Audio WPB/Miami

West Palm Beach will open initially. Miami will follow when the RLR is ready to host customers.

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Chicago, IL Rhapsody.Audio Chicago

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Long Island, NY Rhapsody.Audio Long Island

-Kondo

-Alsyvox

View attachment 85427
Really looking forward to your Chicago location opening!

Do you know where in Chicago it will be yet?
Do you have a planned opening date yet?

Best wishes,
Don

Having heard these but can’t confirm model
The videos are what I’ve heard in spades
They are fast and well detailed while keeping musical. no bloat or bass lines that are always there.
love the sound and not in your face or forward

In the Brooklyn showroom bob played some tape’s the vocals are startling in realism to me.
stage presence with real 3D staging width and height.
Close your eyes and the players appear where they were when recorded
Keep posting I love videos

Reactions: wisnon and Bobvin
Don’t want to harsh the vibe on the M7s, but last night had fun playing some of my Steely Dan UHQR 45s. The ”Gaucho” 45 was posted as releasing back in December but now is slated for release on April 15 (maybe to ease the pain of tax day?)

I have one of the rare MCA Audiophile copies, one of the best sounding records in my entire collection. I’ll post another video once I have the 45 and let the folks who can hear deep into videos have fun. The 45 has a steep hill to climb vs this pressing. The other new 45s from the Dan library have been great, so I’m eager to get the new Gaucho. Steely Dan (and Donald Fagen) along with Van Morrison probably describe my primary musical tastes — jazz, blues, and funk though I’m pretty eclectic beyond that.

Please play/record Babylon sisters for me.

I have so many versions of Steely Dan on my server, plus all the CD/SACDs as my wife is a DanHead.
Last night I noticed at Acoustic Sounds the Gaucho UHQR was slated for release on the 15th. Today it shows in-stock so maybe mine will ship by end of the week?

I pre-ordered them all when Analogue Productions announced they’d gotten rights to the library. All have been excellent, I’ll record more cuts.

Thanks Bob.
I think I have vinyl rips too. I am sure I have some PCM high res or DSD high res. I would have to check.

With Axpona happening, and the consensus show conditions typically yield poor sonics, why not use iPhone videos — condemned equally for poor sonics.

I’m posting the Coleman Hawkins / Ben Webster cut because there is already a video of that in Chris’ room in Dallas with Roma Triode speakers. For the folks who can hear more deeply into videos than myself, have fun!

The second is just a really fun cut from the Caro Emerald LP “The Shocking Miss Emerald.”

Bob, love your system and room. The view is amazing. With the gear and view I’d never leave the room. Wow ! Stunning ! Oh, I love the videos. Keep them coming.

Reactions: wisnon and Bobvin
When I was a younger fella, I’d hang at my brother’s place and his friends, a lot of musicians, would come over, toke up and jam around the kitchen table. My brother was a luthier — the mandolin being played was one of his creations.

His friends formed a band and released this single LP which was recorded in 1980 at Eastern Washington University.

Great Bluegrass harmonies!

This is a great track that I could listen on repeat all day! If I am not mistaken, Ben Webster starts soloing and he is recognizable by his big, lush, tone. Hawkins in his later career (he first recorded in 1922!) developed a bit of a "rough" style of playing, but on this track, unlike some of the other tracks of the album, and probably inspired by Webster's first solo, he plays more delicately (but with great energy). They all "swing". Of that session, Oscar Peterson is quoted in Hawkins' biography as saying: "The session with Coleman Hawkins and Ben Webster was of monumental importance to me, not only as a person but as a player. I sat and watched these two behemoths of the music world jostling each other for position."

Listening to these guys playing on a really good system is immensely pleasurable, and while videos don't capture all the details of the sound, you can still tell that the system probably delivers a good experience when listening in the room.

Last edited:
Reactions: PYP and Bobvin
When I was a younger fella, I’d hang at my brother’s place and his friends, a lot of musicians, would come over, toke up and jam around the kitchen table. My brother was a luthier — the mandolin being played was one of his creations.

His friends formed a band and released this single LP which was recorded in 1980 at Eastern Washington University.

Great Bluegrass harmonies!

Days of yore!

Reactions: Bobvin
Funny as I grew up In a hood so to Speak
My genre is almost every where.
I was lucky to be there as most my white buds all loved only rock
I still do the head banging thing but also love jazz and soul.
went to many concerts of jazz
any Jean Luke pointe cosmic messager love.
School days
when I got back into vinyl the first album I bought was school days
I’ll bet bob v system would sound great on these past albums

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing