Reviewed: MusicScope digital file analysis software

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Is this software for distributors of hi-res files to check their authenticity, or is it for consumers?

Tim

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I suspect it is for the consumers so that they can pester the distributors to make better bits :). Can't see them making a living from the handful of music distributors at those prices.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
I suspect it is for the consumers so that they can pester the distributors to make better bits :). Can't see them making a living from the handful of music distributors at those prices.
Actually they sell customized versions to distributors..totally different pricing.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
These were solo instrumental recordings at a lower volume. They said they can't detect anything over 18k, so it's CD quality at best.

On that note, I had downloaded 2 albums that I had submitted earlier last year from 5 download sites. Do you know that all but 1 FLAC file was different from the original that I had submitted in file size and amplitude!!

I'll be submitting a new thread with all the data.
Well they are going to be severely disappointed with piano performances then :)
I see another headache for you Bruce, some analogue recordings have a seriously high noise floor pertaining to the vocals or instruments or both, so when they analyse this they could come to a very wrong conclusion again.
Cheers
Orb

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Sonic visualizer is a program that could do some of the same for free.
http://www.sonicvisualiser.org/

Interface is not so neat, and it has many useful tools hidden away so to speak. But it is certainly good for spectrograms.
Thanks for posting this, I will give it a go. Looks very good. The price is right!

To be fair, as compared to MusicScope, you can only load WAV and mp3..no FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, or DSD files.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing