Replacing Amp - Where In-Wall Volume Controls are NOT Wired to Speakers

Flood013

Nov 16, 2019
I am trying to replace a 20+ year old Bose amplifier but I noticed that the six in-wall volume controls are NOT in series with their associated speakers. The controllers are wired solely to the amplifier (to slots labelled "Room #X Volume Control").

I am hoping to avoid re-wiring, but I can't find an amplifier on the market that allows for this configuration. Does anyone know if such an amplifier exist today?

Thank you for your time.
Albert :)

Atmasphere

Industry Expert
May 4, 2010
St. Paul, MN
www.atma-sphere.com
Its a Good Idea to avoid putting volume controls in series with loudspeakers.

Why not refurbish the amplifier? For something like that, you're not going to get better sound by having another amplifier that is designed for in-wall wiring like that. If you want to improve the sound (significantly) then you will want to have a set of stand-alone loudspeakers driven by an amp dedicated to driving those speakers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing