REM Unplugged Record Day 2014

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
I have a few choice words for these ba$terds that are only into it to turn a quick buck. I really, really wanted this, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay those prices. This whole thing really puts a sour taste in my mouth for RSD. :mad:

1000 copies world-wide ensured this would be a collectable from the get-go. these are the dealers doing this, not random speculators like those that camp out for black Friday.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
1000 copies world-wide ensured this would be a collectable from the get-go. these are the dealers doing this, not random speculators like those that camp out for black Friday.

I get that and I knew it was going to be a hot commodity.....it wasn't meant to be I guess. I still bought a few pieces though....

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I have a few choice words for these ba$terds that are only into it to turn a quick buck. I really, really wanted this, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay those prices. This whole thing really puts a sour taste in my mouth for RSD. :mad:

simple laws of economics..supply and demand. It won't be long before a copy will be north of $300.00

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
simple laws of economics..supply and demand. It won't be long before a copy will be north of $300.00

I wouldnt disagree with that at all.....I still ain't buying it at $175. I can't justify it Christian. ?I don't live in the same world.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com

They are trying to make it a collectible. There was only one copy at the store I was at this morning. Even if I was first in line, I might not have got it because they distributed the albums to three points in the store. Which one they had the album at was anybody's guess - even going the day before to scout it out. I saw a lady with the copy in her hands...... if I want it, I may have to end up paying what the scalpers are asking.

My haul -

RSD Haul.jpg

Lost out on Death Cab by Cutie, Sun Ra and the R.E.M. gone by the time I got to the racks.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
It was a great performance.... they will release on CD and digital download in May. Hopefully it won't be too compressed......

[video]http://www.mtv.com/videos/?id=1726453[/video]

Dang! Not available for me.:(

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
How about Vimeo?

Vimeo works!

UPDATE: Keep your fingers crossed for me, but it looks like I might be able to get a copy for the original list price, plus taxes and shipping. I should find out later today or tomorrow.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
There's a guy on eBay asking $499.99 USD + $129.99 S&H. WTF??? Discounting this ridiculous listing the average price seems to be around $200.

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
I was able to get the one thing I wanted, Sun Ra's Outer Spaceways Incorporated originally released by Black Lion, the original pressings are pretty rare to come by. ORG did an all analog reissue for RSD on whitish purple vinyl.

Mail ordered from a cool store that released a list of its RSD leftovers for less than MSRP the following day. Time to get weird when it gets here...

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
This is only second-hand info, but it looks like there will be 2 seperate vinyl REM releases of each concert. No dates just yet, but I'll post them when find out.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
This is only second-hand info, but it looks like there will be 2 seperate vinyl REM releases of each concert. No dates just yet, but I'll post them when find out.
The set is now on HDtracks in 24/44.1; I wonder if that is the source for the LP's also?

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
just pre-ordered the 91 sessions for $37 on Amazon...due to hit Sept 2. still too expensive, but it's a great live set.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
just pre-ordered the 91 sessions for $37 on Amazon...due to hit Sept 2. still too expensive, but it's a great live set.

I pre-ordered both from Amazon UK.....looking forward to getting them!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
How flat is your pressing? Sound is quite good, but a bit disappointed in pressing for $35

Hi Keith!

I received both this week and have listened to them 3 times now. My pressings (all 8 sides) are perfectly flat and perfectly centered. No pops, no clicks, no scuff marks...nothing. Very satisfied with the product quality. Sound is really good, although I felt it lacked some mid-range depth and was slightly top end bright. Not much and I'm not overly concerned about it, but that's the impression I got from playback on my system. The material itself is wonderful. I played it 3 times in succession because I enjoyed the acoustic presentation so much.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing