Reference Speakers to Audition

The Viva Audio Nuda horn system knocked my socks off at HiFi Deluxe in Munich this year. I'm still thinking about how it sounded on opera, and what I'll have to do to get my own designs to get there/beat that. I haven't heard the Viva Audio Masterhorn, but if the designer Amadeo is to be believed, and he tells me that the Masterhorn is even better, that might be the horn loudspeaker to beat.

According to Bob Clarke, each pair of Amadeo's "statement" speakers are just a little different as he makes ongoing tweaks :D

No mention of the Sonus Faber Aida? I heard these at HiFi Hawaii, with a CD as source no less, and they sounded fantaaastic.

No mention of the Sonus Faber Aida? I heard these at HiFi Hawaii, with a CD as source no less, and they sounded fantaaastic.

I believe you! But I have to draw a line somewhere.

My natural preference is not toward dynamic driver systems. But in that genre the Rockport Arrakis and the VSA VR-11SE Mk. II are my personal nominees.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing