Ref tracks to check out your system

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
In setting up a new system in my office I chose the following.

Speakers are infinity IRS 1B. Internal cross over removed to active. Tweeters, mids are now line source.
4 way active system.
Tweeters, mids, woofers, subs.
Amps aragon 8008BB x 2
Amps aragon 4004XI
Yamaha 4 8 channel active cross over. Features , individual for each of 8 channels.
Sound level, EQ, delay, compander , 15 memory presets .

My point is this besides music and computerized room EQ with calibrated mic what other forms of sounds do you use to set things up.
here is a list of what I have found to help and they have some very reveling tells about what is going on.

First off piano complex piano.
Bells ringing and reverberating
Applause or loud clamping of several to many people.
I have found that a piano is very hard to replay it almost never sounds correct
Bells can sound ok but room acoustics must be good
Last applause wow how much this helps too.
If the recording is close miked you should here the flesh of the hands , also if many people are heard they must be individual . If the system is fine all good if not it mutates to a rain like sound.

Does anyone here have any other sounds to use as reference.

Al

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing