Red

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Watched this tonight on blu-ray. Stars Bruce Willis, Mary Louise Parker, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich, Helen Mirren, Brian Cox.

The plot-line is a little bit familiar, but in my opinion, the details make this a very stylish and quirky affair.

Hollywood has had a hard time finding roles for John Malkovich, who is a talented actor.

Red has cast him and everyone else perfectly and everyone looks like they're having a great time with the material, which gives each actor plenty of opportunities to entertain.

It had explosions, special effects, car chases, a couple of quirky love stories, great musical choices, and plenty of off-beat humor to keep me going from beginning to end.

The PQ is very strong with excellent clarity, solid blacks, and nice detail.

This is one of those movies where plausibility is often sacrificed in favor of entertainment and I really don't think you'll mind.

In fact, that's what I would say about this one.

Don't look for anything profound here.

For my money, this one was just plain fun to watch.

It's just the kind of movie I enjoy finding on blu-ray after overlooking it in theatrical release.

Highly recommended.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing