record clamps/weights......

Porsche

Apr 22, 2023
what do you guys use, looking for something nice for my burmester, thoughts

Audiofreak71

Aug 25, 2023
Pacific Northwest
Do you have the cocobolo version? I thought it made an improvement over the original on a cocobolo platter.
I don’t, I have the Delrin one on the clear acrylic platter. I would love to try one of the wood ones on my table, my plinth is the Rosewood filled with leadshot and would be cool to have a rosewood clamp as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: T Boost and tima

thekong

May 10, 2012
I have a Teres cocobolo clamp, which my friend is using on his Kuzma Ref TT. He like it a lot better than the original Kuzma clamp.

The version I have is with the stainless steel top, and I understand Teres had a brass top version for their top TTs. I am considering having a brass top custom made for my clamp.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Audiolabor "Fest" clamp aka. Brinkmann
The top ring is used to fix the LP on the platter. With the lower ring you adjust the pressure on the outer edge of the LP so that it not arches up. For heavily curved LPs, place washers under the LP. Elevations of the LP of up to 5mm can be corrected in this way. for me the best principle I know.
20210131_145750.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Johan K

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Hi,
Dalby Audio anything on a turntable are the finest most advanced
products you can use on your analog rig.
He just has the magic touch.
No inexpensive though.

Robert

Reactions: Steveo

Porsche

Apr 22, 2023
I went with the massif lignum weight

Attachments

• burm11111.jpg
    burm11111.jpg
    611.2 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: T Boost

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
1699802074881.png

I have one that is an ingenious clamp design made of a brass collet with Delrin housing and it comes with 3 differing Delrin shims. It's no longer made, as this was a special run made by a friend that has since passed from this big, blue marble. If my memory serves me correctly, there were only about 29 or less of them made/sold.

@Mike Lavigne - I gotta say, that MASSIF clamp you have sure wins the eye candy award. What a beautiful clamp!

Tom

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
I use the Pathe Wings, P W - S710 Limited Edition record weight, polished stainless steel with a heavy brass core on to my Technics SL-1200G. Works extremely well, and I am very happy with both function, sound and the looks of it.

/ Jk

IMG_9332.jpeg IMG_9334.jpeg IMG_9335.jpeg IMG_9336.jpeg

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
On the Acoustic Signature - Ascona Neo, I use the 850 gram stainless steel - Analog Disc Heavy (ADH) from Harmonic Resolution Systems. So far I’m very satisfied with the performance of this record weight. It does everything I need and more?… Enjoy !!

/ Jk
IMG_9337.jpeg IMG_9338.jpeg IMG_9339.jpeg

Reactions: Odd Harry

Odd Harry

May 31, 2022
I am using Stillpoint LPI V2 845 Gram record weight. Stillpoints V2 5.jpg Ascona NEO top 1.jpg Ascona NEO Top.jpg

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
Lignum Vitae is an extreme wood and due to its density it was used as bearing shafts for submarine propulsion....
Interesting how different theese 2 weights affect the sound
the LV has a rich soothing harmonic signature and the Omicron brass/bakelite is "cleaner" and faster.....might be due to its special resonance cancelling construction:
the upper and lower metal parts are connected to the central bakelite through some ball bearings.....the top part wiggles back and forth when installing it, to settle in a few seconds

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing