Recommendations for home theatre

King888

May 31, 2020
Hello,
I am planning buy speakers and Denon x1600 separately for my hall.

My budget : 1200 or below
Receiver - Denon x1600x (600 USD)
do i need to buy central, subs,surround, front and back from the same brand for better performance?
Would appreciate if you could give me some recommendations within my budget to build home theatre using Denon x1600 ?

Thanks,
Venu

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Honestly just go L Center R for now, save more for money later if you even care at some point. A subwoofer would be the next thing. IMO the rear and side stuff is just foo-foo.

King888

May 31, 2020
Thank you Folsom!
yes I agree ..can you please suggest good brand/model for Left Center Right for Denon x1600x.
Thanks,
Venu

King888

May 31, 2020
Good question:) - No but I can try .. actually I want to learn.
for now hope i can connect receiver to L and R plus Center to start with:). I have a used Sub woofer ( Vizio ) which i can use if it works.
is it that difficult that i cannot do on my own by referring to the manual and Google ?

Thanks,
Venu

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
If you could DIY you could start with 3 MTM's from here. They have flatpacks (the wood). You have to be able to glue them together (some clamps and wood glue). And then do some soldering for the crossover. The finish is up to you. But bang for buck you'd be spending a lot per speaker for the same quality. The beauty here is you'd be able to add a subwoofer with your budget.

King888

May 31, 2020
If you could DIY you could start with 3 MTM's from here. They have flatpacks (the wood). You have to be able to glue them together (some clamps and wood glue). And then do some soldering for the crossover. The finish is up to you. But bang for buck you'd be spending a lot per speaker for the same quality. The beauty here is you'd be able to add a subwoofer with your budget.

Thank you! what do you suggest if I want to buy ready made speakers LRC and Sub woofer
What model do you recommend for x1600

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I would check recommendations from someone like TechnoDad on YouTube as I have no real idea on the budget not going DIY. I don't use nor track much of anything in that price range.

The only guess I could have is to look into Elac brand because they make what are considered to be very good stuff for the money, being FAR cheaper with the power of Pioneer behind them.

Otherwise NorthStar on here might know more, he's into HT.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing