..recent photos of my 2ch system for your viewing pleasure

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..ok having problems downloading my pix...If I don't resample or resize the pictures are huge. If I do resample or resize...did both in IrFan View...the photo upload here gives me an apostrophe (!) and not the needed check mark. Any ideas guys? Very frustrating...I've tried several different resizing options and none have worked...thanks..

System Overview
Rega P3-24/Custom Plinth/Audiomods Classic arm/Clearaudio Maestro Ebony MM...
Lumin A1 music server/DAC...
McIntosh C500P Controller/Preamp...
McIntosh MC601 monoblocks...
Von Schweikert VR5 Anniversaries with Critical Mass System Rize footers...
Velodyne Optimum 12 Subwoofers (2)...
VSA MB/Cerious Graphene Extreme XLRs...
Verbatim biwires...
Lessloss PCs...
Acousticmac Corner Bass Traps...

Attachments

• 2ch system 2.jpg
    2ch system 2.jpg
    1,008.8 KB · Views: 1,179
  • 2ch system 4.jpg
    2ch system 4.jpg
    992.6 KB · Views: 1,174
  • 2ch system 5.jpg
    2ch system 5.jpg
    960 KB · Views: 1,173
  • 2ch system 8.jpg
    2ch system 8.jpg
    948.9 KB · Views: 1,164
  • 2ch system 2 resized.jpg
    2ch system 2 resized.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 1,018
Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Beautiful room and I love that custom Rega plinth!:D

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
These pictures look fine.

..now hold the phone guys are you telling me the photos are viewing at a normal size? On my screen they are gigantic....and by the way thanks for the positive remarks. The photo viewing has me scratching my head...weird..

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..sure enough on my iPad they look fine...not on my laptop. Some res setting must be screwed up. Thanks for the nice comments...much appreciated!

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Look great to me. Did you have any trouble integrating your subs with the VR5?

..not one bit. I've owned other satellite/subwoofer systems and that business about integration not being possible is nonsense at least in my experience. The Velodyne Optimum 12s are punchy and tuneful...I have them crossed over at 60hz and everything is very sweet. I read the makeup of your system...very impressive. The VR5 Anniversaries are about as good as it gets. Too bad many aren't even aware of them...pity..

andrew_stenhouse

Oct 26, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Gosh, what a lovely system, thanks for posting.

Von Schweikert 's aren't common here at all - its a small audio scene and even smaller brand distribution - but every review and owner sings their praises, so I can imagine you must be very happy.

I got to hear some McIntosh mono's with Revel Salons the other day - what a great amplifier. Effortlessly engaging and supremely musical. Speaking of which you must be an enthusiastic guitarist with that fine collection.

Enjoy, my friend, in good health

nc42acc

Member Sponsor
Nov 10, 2015
North Carolina
I was using the Joseph Pulsars with two SVS SB13 and was pleased. When the VR5 were put in place my world changed, the most revealing speakers I have ever heard. I tried one SB13 and couldn't get it to work, just gave up and have been happy but seeing your system makes me want to try again. Thanks.

..not one bit. I've owned other satellite/subwoofer systems and that business about integration not being possible is nonsense at least in my experience. The Velodyne Optimum 12s are punchy and tuneful...I have them crossed over at 60hz and everything is very sweet. I read the makeup of your system...very impressive. The VR5 Anniversaries are about as good as it gets. Too bad many aren't even aware of them...pity..

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Gosh, what a lovely system, thanks for posting.

Von Schweikert 's aren't common here at all - its a small audio scene and even smaller brand distribution - but every review and owner sings their praises, so I can imagine you must be very happy.

I got to hear some McIntosh mono's with Revel Salons the other day - what a great amplifier. Effortlessly engaging and supremely musical. Speaking of which you must be an enthusiastic guitarist with that fine collection.

Enjoy, my friend, in good health

..thanks mate! :)

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Nice room Gavin! Gotta ask, is the glass decorative or acoustic?

david

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
That looks "RELAXING".

Well done!

Tom

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
Congrats on an exquisite looking room. Love the retro look. I am sure the system sounds superb. How far are you seated from the speakers ?
Best
Pradeep

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Nice room Gavin! Gotta ask, is the glass decorative or acoustic?

david

..thanks for the props David....to what glass are you referring?...

..ok went back and peeked at the photo...no the pictures are just your run of the mill non glare. I suppose this could equate to creating a rather live front wall but if so it certainly seems to have no deleterious effect...thx again David..

Last edited by a moderator:

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Congrats on an exquisite looking room. Love the retro look. I am sure the system sounds superb. How far are you seated from the speakers ?
Best
Pradeep

..thanks Pradeep...right at 10 ft...speakers are roughly 10 ft apart so the ubiquitous equilateral..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing