Recent Mark Levinson Interview

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
None much about Mark Levinson on that. ;)

Did you mean "not" much about Levinson? If so, you are right and that holds true for both Davey's post and mine. Here is your winky emoticon: ;)

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
[snip]
I think he gave me a Red Rose Sampler SACD (wish I had kept one for today's ebay).
It's a gem even by today's standards.
I really loved the sound I heard on the Red Rose monitors. I think Bo's tweeters can get a little bright in spots but overall the sound was quite musical.
Bo's tweeters bright? You've got to be kidding. The Red Rose R3 monitors and the present day successor, the Transmission Audio M1i's, are anything but bright. Revealing, yes. Analytical, no. They do show up everything in the chain and reward you when you get it right.
Andre knows. He reviewed the speakers for PFO.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com

Bo's tweeters bright? You've got to be kidding. The Red Rose R3 monitors and the present day successor, the Transmission Audio M1i's, are anything but bright. Revealing, yes. Analytical, no. They do show up everything in the chain and reward you when you get it right.

Brian, agree, the Transmission M1i's are excellent monitors...right up there with the best.

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
Met Mark few times and shared meals with him through a mutual friend who is very close to Mark. My friend is the one who arranged $1M/yr consulting gig for Mark with LG that went on for a little longer than two years. However due to his "special" personality, it ended sooner than expected.

His recent divorce from his young wife and leaving his son, Anton, behind took a huge toll on him mentally, and he had not been correct since, IMHO. Even few times I talked to him, he was way off in the left field mostly wanted to talk about Far Eastern medicinal herbes and meditaions when I wanted to ask him about his legendary ML5 Studer A80RC based recorders...

On the other hand, most people question his business acqument (lack there of..) but I do respect his ears and sometime odd vision (to me) on where the music reproduction should be headed to.. One of the most interesting thing is his belief in old horn type reproducers even after his double Quad electro stat phase. I also believe in high sensitive horn drivers to be the most resolving mid frequency reproducers.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

It may been other gear in the playback chain or the recording/mastering but I did hear a touch.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Met Mark few times and shared meals with him through a mutual friend who is very close to Mark. My friend is the one who arranged $1M/yr consulting gig for Mark with LG that went on for a little longer than two years. However due to his "special" personality, it ended sooner than expected.

His recent divorce from his young wife and leaving his son, Anton, behind took a huge toll on him mentally, and he had not been correct since, IMHO. Even few times I talked to him, he was way off in the left field mostly wanted to talk about Far Eastern medicinal herbes and meditaions when I wanted to ask him about his legendary ML5 Studer A80RC based recorders...

On the other hand, most people question his business acqument (lack there of..) but I do respect his ears and sometime odd vision (to me) on where the music reproduction should be headed to.. One of the most interesting thing is his belief in old horn type reproducers even after his double Quad electro stat phase. I also believe in high sensitive horn drivers to be the most resolving mid frequency reproducers.

It's funny that you bring that up. Steve Stone in his CES Show report from two years ago noted the same things.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing