Référence DAC "Digital Media Bridge"

bmichels

Nov 30, 2012
I am very interested in this new baby from AR, but it seems that there is almost no tests ou revienw published so far, and nobody is really commenting on the "Digital media bridge" feature and nobody show the iPAD interface. This interface can be very usefull IF it is help to manadge the Music files stored on the Network or on the HD/Thumb drive connected on the front USB port.

I read somewhere that AR "craked" the Wifi protocole to make it really Audiophile audio !!! What does that mean ? :confused:

Any one already tested it ? Any one has more infos on the iPAD application and on the "media bridge" feature ?

AR ReferenceDAC.jpg AR ReferenceDAC inside.jpg AR ReferenceDAC back.jpg arc_reference_dac media bridge.jpg

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I am very interested in this new baby from AR, but it seems that there is almost no tests ou revienw published so far, and nobody is really commenting on the "Digital media bridge" feature and nobody show the iPAD interface. This interface can be very usefull IF it is help to manadge the Music files stored on the Network or on the HD/Thumb drive connected on the front USB port.

I read somewhere that AR "craked" the Wifi protocole to make it really Audiophile audio !!! What does that mean ? :confused:

Any one already tested it ? Any one has more infos on the iPAD application and on the "media bridge" feature ?

View attachment 6893 View attachment 6894 View attachment 6895 View attachment 6896

Excellent question. Your confused smiley is well-placed.

Tim

bmichels

Nov 30, 2012
I found this preview, but it does not really help since... they are not using the "media bridge" feature :

bmichels

Nov 30, 2012
Little question: HOW can I connect a power Amp ( Ref 75 ) and a headphone Amp ( Eddie Current Balancing Act, With balanced imput) to this DAC ? ? Indeed the Ref DAC has only ONE balanced Analog output, and booth AMPs should use their balanced XLR Analog imput for best results. One pair of XLR plugs is missing !? (and I don't feel putting the Headphone amp in between the Ref DAC and the REF 75 is a good solution. I want Ref DAC DIRECT to the REF 75)

bmichels

Nov 30, 2012
HELP : no WIRED access to my network from my listening place !

Well, Since I have no WIRED access to my network from my listening place (in other words, my wife will not allow for an Ethernet cable across the living-room :), I am very interested in the fact that REF DAC allow for playing directly from a USB stick. I don't need ethernet access to a NAS ! (and Wifi streaming seems to be inferior to WIRED connection)

But ...

- If the REF DAC cannot be WIRED connected to my Network, can I use an Ipad to control the Server and select the files to be played FROM THE USB stick ?

- Is the playback from USB Drive/stick as good as when streaming the NAS through Ethernet ?

Aside question: will I have the same problem (no possibility to select music with the iPAD) with ALL Music server if I can't connect the Music Server to an Ethernet Cable ?

then... what is the solution for me ?

Thanks in advance

Bertrand

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
Pay a low voltage electrician to fish a ethernet cable through the wall for you. It should not cost you that much to have it done.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing