Question: How to purchase?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Myles what do you mean?
3.8 million ois a lot of audio gear and the overwhelming majority of Audio Stores DO NOT do that. The larger places which do lots of custom will but a plain audio store very few will approach 2 million.
taters has NO clue what he is talking about.
I know he doesnt

:D

taters

Jun 6, 2012
Myles what do you mean?
3.8 million ois a lot of audio gear and the overwhelming majority of Audio Stores DO NOT do that. The larger places which do lots of custom will but a plain audio store very few will approach 2 million.
I know he doesnt

If a high end store can't do a million a year selling speakers that cost upwards off 200k then they are in the wrong business. I know a guy that works out of his garage that has a limited clientele and he does 300k a year with no advertising and no street traffic. Hell, my sister has a medium range restaurant that does 1.2 million a year and they are buried off the street at a strip mall.

taters

Jun 6, 2012
Myles what do you mean?
I know he doesnt

I know a retailer in Southern California that doesn't do Internet sales of new gear. He does sell used stuff off the net. He has 1 location and over 3 million dollars of Inventory. Most of it is new gear. I'm sure his sales are in the low 7 figure range. If he wasn't doing that his ROI would be so low it would not be worth the Investment. Guys that have capital to buy 2 or 3 million of audio equipment are not stupid. If they were not making money there are a million other businesses that will. These stores aren't non-profit organizations.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I know a retailer in Southern California that doesn't do Internet sales of new gear. He does sell used stuff off the net. He has 1 location and over 3 million dollars of Inventory. Most of it is new gear. I'm sure his sales are in the low 7 figure range. If he wasn't doing that his ROI would be so low it would not be worth the Investment. Guys that have capital to buy 2 or 3 million of audio equipment are not stupid. If they were not making money there are a million other businesses that will. These stores aren't non-profit organizations.

your an idiot I am sorry i answered you.
How many 200k speakers are sold worldwide?
Do you know?
I do!
That is such a small amount as to make your whole point mute.
A guy doing 300k out of a garage offers nothing to the customer.
Your talking about a store
5000 or more square feet
insurance
payroll
electric
advertising
inventory vehicles
etc etc etc.
There are NO mid 7 figure retail HE audio stores
If your talking about Sunny's he does a great business in So.Cal.
He is not doing multiple tens of millions
Sorry

Duke LeJeune

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 22, 2013
Princeton, Texas
Bad things happen to everyone in this hobby... On more than once occasion Scotty Warren, my local dealer, has refunded money back to me because of defective gear or gear that wasn't delivered in the promised time frame.

Yes, bad things do happen in this hobby.

I count myself fortunate to have had customers who were understanding when those bad things impacted the delivery timeframe.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011

his overhead is low. the 'store' is in low-rent, industrial space (he owns the buildings) and the showroom is fabulous. perhaps what he doesn't pay in rent affords a great inventory.

taters

Jun 6, 2012
your an idiot I am sorry i answered you.
How many 200k speakers are sold worldwide?
Do you know?
I do!
That is such a small amount as to make your whole point mute.
A guy doing 300k out of a garage offers nothing to the cus
Your talking about a store
5000 or more square feet
insurance
payroll
electric
advertising
inventory vehicles
etc etc etc.
There are NO mid 7 figure retail HE audio stores
He is not doing multiple tens of millions
Sorry

Obviously you have a reading problem! I never said mid 7 figures. I also didn't say tens of millions. Now who's the Idiot!.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Obviously you have a reading problem! I never said mid 7 figures. I also didn't say tens of millions. Now who's the Idiot!.

Still you !

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Music Direct has taken a lot of business away from Brick and Mortar stores. I don't know If this is true or not but I heard they are selling 30 million in audio equipment alone not counting software. That is a lot of food off retailers plat
If you plan on quoting someone learn to read what they said!
I am Sir....you have a very short memory,
Check out the quote from the <>that posted it on this thread

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing