question about white noise in outer sound card

meeq

Sep 28, 2019
Hello everyone, at the beginning i just wanna say that i know very little about audio, that's why i'm asking this question.
I've recently built a whole new pc and i noticed that i heard some weird noise in pubg loading screen and i later discovered that it is coil whine and that i could only eliminate it with buying a sound card. So i did, i bought outer card called Audiotrak MAYA U5 and it solved the coil whine sound in headphones, but when i plugged my headphones(hyper x cloud alpha) to the new card for the firs time i was welcomed with a white noise, i panicked and tried some things then it turned out that when i lower the volume on the scroll thingy on my headphones to about half the volume the white noise is unhearable(almost, you can very slightly hear it when u try). But then i got curious and i plugged my other headphones(akg ones from galaxy s9) which dont have the scroll thingy on them to lower the volume, then i couldn't eliminate the white noise on them even if i lowered the windows volume to 1.
My question is this- do you guys think this kind of thing is normal for this sound card? I dont know if i should send it back or switch it for another one of the same model because this one is defected? I could also just try to forget about it and have the scroll thingy on half the volume all the time, but im a weirdo and i have this on the back of my head all the time when using pc.
Sorry for lonong post but i wanted to tell you the whole story to be as specifis as i can and also sorry if i made any spelling mistakes but english is not my first language. Thanks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing