Purist audio design Dominus rev b speaker cable

Aug 27, 2022
I have the chance to buy 2 x 3m single to biwire PAD Dominus rev b speaker cables, can't find any info or reviews about them. Does anyone know anything about these cables?

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I've owned Purist Dominus in the past. The are FANTASTIC cables, some of the very very best. Are these fluid or ferox filled? The fluid imparts a slightly more organic/involving sound, the ferox more precise/extension in top end and bottom...both are fantastic. You can't go wrong with these cables...

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
i like PAD. I have the 35th LE. it’s close to the Siltech triple crown

Aug 27, 2022
I've owned Purist Dominus in the past. The are FANTASTIC cables, some of the very very best. Are these fluid or ferox filled? The fluid imparts a slightly more organic/involving sound, the ferox more precise/extension in top end and bottom...both are fantastic. You can't go wrong with these cables...
Mine are filled with Ferox.

x1992

Jul 9, 2016
Dallas
I would be surprised if there are any older Purist cables with fluid still in them. The company defaults to refilling them with Ferox. I have Dominus Rev b interconnects and a history with other models including older lines of venustas, museus, HDI, proteus. Dominus is the gem. It has the detail, the refinement and scale without sounding as soft as the others. It does have a ridiculously low bend radius.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I concur about PAD in respect of power cables...have never really spent time with their speaker cables. I have had at least 3-4 generations of PAD cables because I often bought them 2nd hand. My favorite (as in most balanced) was the Dominus Rev B (ie, Ferox). I found the 25th Anniversary might/might have bested the Dominus in certain areas, but my favorite overall remains the Dominus Rev B. I even preferred it to subsequent Dominus versions though have not heard the most recent.

As for the 35th Anniversary, TDX...that is pretty intense! I have heard the Siltech Triple Crown PC and was extremely impressed. Extremely.

Reactions: TDX

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
I would be surprised if there are any older Purist cables with fluid still in them. The company defaults to refilling them with Ferox. I have Dominus Rev b interconnects and a history with other models including older lines of venustas, museus, HDI, proteus. Dominus is the gem. It has the detail, the refinement and scale without sounding as soft as the others. It does have a ridiculously low bend radius.
Yeah the old one still has liquid inside it.

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
I concur about PAD in respect of power cables...have never really spent time with their speaker cables. I have had at least 3-4 generations of PAD cables because I often bought them 2nd hand. My favorite (as in most balanced) was the Dominus Rev B (ie, Ferox). I found the 25th Anniversary might/might have bested the Dominus in certain areas, but my favorite overall remains the Dominus Rev B. I even preferred it to subsequent Dominus versions though have not heard the most recent.

As for the 35th Anniversary, TDX...that is pretty intense! I have heard the Siltech Triple Crown PC and was extremely impressed. Extremely.
TC being TC, always sounds beautifully. 35 is not too far behind.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

Hi Lloyd,

I have fond memories of my former Purist Audio cables. I never heard the 35th Anniversary power cord, I wonder if I should try 2 on my amps for a demo. Would you rate the Siltech over the Purist or in the same neighborhood. It's been like 10 years or more since I have tried a diff power cord than Transparent.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Jfrech,

Great to hear from you! Hope all is well with your fantastic system. Over here has been continuing to advance nicely...nearly done with some very dynamic adjustments.

I also have never heard 35th PAD. And I also remember them well, but prefer the Sablon Prince Orange and the Z:Axis SL777. I have to say for something like 7x more money, the Siltech Triple Crown edges them out and particularly on Beethoven massed strings does something extremely special (subtle but special) in how it reproduces the articulation of massed strings. Weight, body, power all same, but you feel like in addition to all of that there is another 10% of that nuance, very, very, very tiny flickers in bows and rosin but where it does matter when you want to listen to Karajan '63 vs Karajan '63 remastered.

If you want to go for that premium, I have not heard anything that delivers that subtle element...but I imagine both Paul and Mark of Z:Axis and Sablon could already be there (eg, not heard Sablon King which has no UK adaptability...and there is also Sablon Lanedri).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing