Posted This Before But Still Applicable

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I have quoted sections from this PDF a number of times in the past - reference material

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I am now getting a 404 - thankfully I have saved the document if anyone cares

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Works fine for me now. I also saved a copy to iBooks. ;)

elcorso

VIP/Donor
Nov 19, 2013
Rainforest
I am now getting a 404 - thankfully I have saved the document if anyone cares

I read it last night, but today I got the same '404' today.

Could you, or somebody else, sent it to me? Is an historical document that 'some' audiophile friends need to read urgently!...

Thanks in advance,

Roch

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Works fine for me now. I also saved a copy to iBooks. ;)

How? It is a browser window on my iPad, so I think it is in memory. However, I can not find any way to save it. If I try to copy a paragraph, the only option that shows is 'Define'. Sometimes I hate the iPad. I need to look at the MS tablet they released this week with a real OS versus this toy OS.

elcorso

VIP/Donor
Nov 19, 2013
Rainforest
How? It is a browser window on my iPad, so I think it is in memory. However, I can not find any way to save it. If I try to copy a paragraph, the only option that shows is 'Define'. Sometimes I hate the iPad. I need to look at the MS tablet they released this week with a real OS versus this toy OS.

There is some kind of strong protection in this PDF. If I try to "export","rename", "move", etc., the resulting file is unreadable. The only way to sent it to friends is by "forward" from my original email. To read it I have to read from my email. It's the first time in my long life it happens to me...

But sh**t happens everywhere!...

Roch

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
156 pages and such a broad treatise on audio and he doesn't mention noise mitigation,unless I missed it. JC is right on one thing distortion is meaningless in todays high end.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
He lost all credibility when he supported Machina Dynamica's Brilliant Pebbles that you tape onto your cables.

Attachments

• Brilliant_Pebbles_All.jpg
    Brilliant_Pebbles_All.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 97

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
He lost all credibility when he supported Machina Dynamica's Brilliant Pebbles that you tape onto your cables.

So that negates everything John wrote? Simply incredible or didn't you read it????

As they say even Michelangelo ruined a few pieces of marble. You hold that against him too?

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
So that negates everything John wrote? Simply incredible or didn't you read it????

As they say even Michelangelo ruined a few pieces of marble. You hold that against him too?

Myles, I did read all 150 or so pages. I don't disbelieve things that he said because I know many of them are true. However, if I had any question in my mind about certain points he made, I would not be blindly taking his word for it.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Myles, I did read all 150 or so pages. I don't disbelieve things that he said because I know many of them are true. However, if I had any question in my mind about certain points he made, I would not be blindly taking his word for it.

So exactly what was your point? To take a swipe at John for something unrelated to the OT?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing