Plixir Statement LPS : I bought this flagship grade LPS just now.

MusicTraveler

Mar 1, 2022
My journey with PLiXiR to the Statement BDC.

Discovering PLiXiR: It was approximately two years ago when I stumbled upon the detailed review by Jay Luong, more commonly known within the audiophile community as Mr. AudioBacon. His meticulous analysis, evident in this comprehensive review of several power supplies, was not only impressive but also immensely helpful. The dedication required to delve into such an exhaustive critique is a great reference.

Embarking on a PLiXiR Adventure: A few enlightening email exchanges with James Soh the mastermind of PLiXiR Power set me on a path to acquiring a selection of BDC’s and BAC’s. This WBF thread by CKKeung is how I learned of the new Statement BDC. I've found his postings to be consistently informative and particularly useful for navigating the complex audiophile word.

Experiencing Excellence: The Elite BDC, as aptly described in the AudioBacon review, stands true to its reputation as a top LPS. PLiXiR's commitment to innovation reaches new heights with the Statement BDC. With heightened resolution, improved clarity, and further reduction in 'noise', the Statement BDC is a large step forward in sound refinement. From the moment it's plugged in, the superiority is palpable, wonderful, and continues to enhance with time.

Aesthetics Meet Performance: Icing on the cake? The new casework adorning the Statement BDC sports a sleek all-black engraved CNC front panel logo, exemplifying a visual semblance of absolute control. To complement its prowess, the BAC 3000, show on the lower shelf, impeccably feeds the Statement BDC. A powerful dynamic duo!

Attachments

• PLiXiR-SigBDC-EliteBAC.jpg
    PLiXiR-SigBDC-EliteBAC.jpg
    725.3 KB · Views: 49

Max Smith

Jan 23, 2023
thanks for the story! looks like Mr. Audio Bacon motivated to play with Plixir a lot of people (me too).

that vibro isolation platform under the Statement made a difference in how Statement sound?

Reactions: MusicTraveler

MusicTraveler

Mar 1, 2022
thanks for the story! looks like Mr. Audio Bacon motivated to play with Plixir a lot of people (me too).

that vibro isolation platform under the Statement made a difference in how Statement sound?
Good question Max. That's a walnut block with some generic 3 bearing isolation devices under the block. No experiments yet with isolation variations yet with the Statement BDCs. Previous preference was to also have another set of the same isolation devices under the Elite BDC. The Statement has much better 'feet' than the Elite, but of course I'm curious about it. The 'feet' on the Statement appear to be taller than my iso devices, so there's that issue to ponder.....

Has anyone else tried different isolation options with the Statement BDC?

FYIY the BAC 3000 on the lower shelf sits on a carbon block with the same generic 3 bearing isolation devices and that was a nice improvement.

Reactions: Max Smith

Vangelis

Oct 11, 2011
I have experienced significant sonic gains from upgrading fuses. It’s generally the power supply paths within the chassis that get most benefit from the improved fuses. I’ve have ordered a Synergistic Research Master fuse for my new Elite BDC. A friend and fellow audio enthusiast, pointed out the irony that fuse sells for nearly as much as the power supply. What a crazy passion. My thought is the fuse, much like an upgraded DC cable, may well provide an even greater performance leap.

MusicTraveler

Mar 1, 2022
I have experienced significant sonic gains from upgrading fuses. It’s generally the power supply paths within the chassis that get most benefit from the improved fuses. I’ve have ordered a Synergistic Research Master fuse for my new Elite BDC. A friend and fellow audio enthusiast, pointed out the irony that fuse sells for nearly as much as the power supply. What a crazy passion. My thought is the fuse, much like an upgraded DC cable, may well provide an even greater performance leap.
I agree! With previous power supplies I had positive experiences with fuse upgrades. I tried a Synergistic Research Purple fuse in an Elite BDC and it blew immediately. My notes on the Elite BDC 12v/6a are for a 3.15a Slow Blow Fuse, 5x20mm. Did I bumble the fuse specs?

The SR Master fuse has really good reviews. Please let us know your experience with it.

Does anyone have the fuse specs for the Statement BDC (12v if it matters)?

Vangelis

Oct 11, 2011
Was the SR fuse that blew, the 3.15 rated fuse?
Quoting James here; “You can get for your application, the 3.15Amps Slow Blow type 20mm x 5mm for the 4Amps / Statement BDC power supplies and the 2.5Amps slow blow type if for the 2Amps power supplies”. I would hate to blow a Master Fuse, ouch.

Reactions: ctydwn

MusicTraveler

Mar 1, 2022
Was the SR fuse that blew, the 3.15 rated fuse?
Quoting James here; “You can get for your application, the 3.15Amps Slow Blow type 20mm x 5mm for the 4Amps / Statement BDC power supplies and the 2.5Amps slow blow type if for the 2Amps power supplies”. I would hate to blow a Master Fuse, ouch.
Yes 3.15, I got the spec from James. If that's not the correct rating for a 6 amp BDC then we must have miss-communicated.

Now to be honest, James carefully selected the fuse he uses as part of his precise PureTone tuning.

Max Smith

Jan 23, 2023
Good question Max. That's a walnut block with some generic 3 bearing isolation devices under the block. No experiments yet with isolation variations yet with the Statement BDCs. Previous preference was to also have another set of the same isolation devices under the Elite BDC. The Statement has much better 'feet' than the Elite, but of course I'm curious about it. The 'feet' on the Statement appear to be taller than my iso devices, so there's that issue to ponder.....

Has anyone else tried different isolation options with the Statement BDC?

FYIY the BAC 3000 on the lower shelf sits on a carbon block with the same generic 3 bearing isolation devices and that was a nice improvement.
Today I tried to put on the Plixir top Finite elemente vibropod (200-250gr weight) and it made a big difference. To be honest I didn't expect such result. I put it not in the center, but deeper towards the power cable, where the transformer is located. This little tweak took away by 50% what I didn't like about the sound - namely a certain graininess. With vibropod on top, the sound became much smoother and more fleshy.

Last but not least, from your photo, I can conclude that you have a body of a previous design - with engraved logo. It looks like the same cases as the top big Plixir models and, by the way, is much more beautiful in terms of design, in my opinion. Because I have a newer version, without engraving, with a white logo, and the top cover seems to me to be of a completely different metal texture and not as good as it was, for example, in Elite LPS. Maybe that's why I got such an effect from the vibropod on top, after all, the transformer in this model is huge and probably gives a lot of vibrations.

Max Smith

Jan 23, 2023
Speaking about fuses, I have amazing experience with 8A Master fuse (Synergistic Reasearch) in Elite. Will try Master in Statement in November, when it will be fully warmed I hope.

If you want to use SR fuses you need to put in 1-2 nominals higher of what manufacturer says, that's a specific of SR fuses.

Reactions: MusicTraveler

MusicTraveler

Mar 1, 2022
Today I tried to put on the Plixir top Finite elemente vibropod (200-250gr weight) and it made a big difference. To be honest I didn't expect such result. I put it not in the center, but deeper towards the power cable, where the transformer is located. This little tweak took away by 50% what I didn't like about the sound - namely a certain graininess. With vibropod on top, the sound became much smoother and more fleshy.

Last but not least, from your photo, I can conclude that you have a body of a previous design - with engraved logo. It looks like the same cases as the top big Plixir models and, by the way, is much more beautiful in terms of design, in my opinion. Because I have a newer version, without engraving, with a white logo, and the top cover seems to me to be of a completely different metal texture and not as good as it was, for example, in Elite LPS. Maybe that's why I got such an effect from the vibropod on top, after all, the transformer in this model is huge and probably gives a lot of vibrations.
Thanks for the tip on the vibropod. Grainy is not an attribute I'd associate with the either the Elite or Statement BDC. Hopefully James will be able to sort out your BDC experience.

My Statement BDCs were ordered and put in service last month so I think they are current. Also I assume it is the same casework modified with the engraved logo now. When you chat with James perhaps he can clarify the differences for us all.

Vangelis

Oct 11, 2011
Speaking about fuses, I have amazing experience with 8A Master fuse (Synergistic Reasearch) in Elite. Will try Master in Statement in November, when it will be fully warmed I hope.

If you want to use SR fuses you need to put in 1-2 nominals higher of what manufacturer says, that's a specific of SR fuses.
What is the voltage and amperage rating of your Elite? I’m hesitant about doubling the fuse size, but I am almost more worried about blowing a 3.15 A Master fuse $600 when I turn it on.

Max Smith

Jan 23, 2023
What is the voltage and amperage rating of your Elite? I’m hesitant about doubling the fuse size, but I am almost more worried about blowing a 3.15 A Master fuse $600 when I turn it on.
12v, 6a. I compared 8a fuse with 5a. 8a is more dynamic.

Vangelis

Oct 11, 2011
H
12v, 6a. I compared 8a fuse with 5a. 8a is more dynamic.
I've been told that, audiophile fuses have more accurate specification tolerances, and more likely to blow, therefore up the fuse rating a couple amps . Music Traveler had his 3.15 blow immediately upon turn On. How does one, factor in a safety margin on the fuse with higher amperage rating.

PierreB

Jan 15, 2011
Rimouski, Quebec
I have a Weiss DAC204 and I am looking to buy a Plixir Elite BDC.
I have 2 questions. First is the 9VDC and 4A ok for my Weiss or should I go with the 9VDC/2A ?? Some told 2A other said 4A.
Also for the DC plug for my Weiss, is-it a 2,1mm or 2,5mm. The owner manual don’t specify.
Thanks.

jelt2359

Nov 17, 2020
Suggest you ask sound affairs (plixir manufacturer). They are very well acquainted with Weiss, I think they’re a dealer for the brand so lots of first hand experience :)

Alex Sound Technology

Jun 27, 2022
Windermere, FLORIDA
alexsoundtech.com
I have a Weiss DAC204 and I am looking to buy a Plixir Elite BDC.
I have 2 questions. First is the 9VDC and 4A ok for my Weiss or should I go with the 9VDC/2A ?? Some told 2A other said 4A.
Also for the DC plug for my Weiss, is-it a 2,1mm or 2,5mm. The owner manual don’t specify.
Thanks.
Hi Pierre,
Weiss DAC consumes 1.05A (according to the manufacturer), so 9V-2A is enough even with a double reserve.
However, SQ may differ slightly between 2A and 4A.
Sometimes (but not always) 4A sounds more harmonious, so I understand those who advise BDC 9V/4A.

Sometimes cost can be a factor, for the Elite BDC 9V/2A it is $680, while $755 for 9V/4A

Weiss DAC uses DC plug 2.5 long. This cable is included with every Elite BDC. You can choose 2.1 or 2.5 when ordering.

Reactions: CKKeung

PierreB

Jan 15, 2011
Rimouski, Quebec
Hi Pierre,
Weiss DAC consumes 1.05A (according to the manufacturer), so 9V-2A is enough even with a double reserve.
However, SQ may differ slightly between 2A and 4A.
Sometimes (but not always) 4A sounds more harmonious, so I understand those who advise BDC 9V/4A.

Sometimes cost can be a factor, for the Elite BDC 9V/2A it is $680, while $755 for 9V/4A

Weiss DAC uses DC plug 2.5 long. This cable is included with every Elite BDC. You can choose 2.1 or 2.5 when ordering.
Thanks, I really appreciate.;)

Vangelis

Oct 11, 2011
Daniel Weiss, “I suggest you get a 9V supply which can supply up to 1.5A”
James Soh, “ The 9v 4amp PS will sound better than the 9v 2amp unit for your application”

Based on that feedback I purchased the 9V 4A. Here is my experience:
I had modest expectations for the Pixar power supply, I wasn’t really prepared for a transformational event. I installed the power supply today and let it warm up for six hours before I sat down to listen. At first listen I thought, ah, oh, the music has slowed down and it’s not as exciting, but I missed what had really occurred. After a few minutes, I realized that what actually changed was, all grunge and grain had completely vanished. There was no real loss of high frequencies but, the sense of authority massively ramped up. It like my small monitors just grew a pair from an injection of sonic testosterone. I hear all the qualities I heard earlier, but with big changes, all in the right direction. The power supply provided more life to the music with added image density. As I listen, I can now pear around the sound stage corners, and behind instruments, with far more natural harmonic decay. The Plixir addition also has created an almost eerie quietness. It sounded detailed and dimensional with stock the PS, but now there is a more luminous, almost luscious quality to the music. The Plixir brought a seismic lift in swagger, ease, refinement, musical communication, and an uncontrollable foot tapping issue. Not only is the music line dramatically more understandable but the DAC now has a machismo similar to my old Theta GEN5a. The Plixir added more dynamics, but simultaneously, my HiFi is now way more relaxing to listen to. I can’t imagine any Weiss 204 owner, not being completely blown away after installing the Plixir. Buy this power supply. I’m not overstating, that the DAC204 sounds twice as good with the Plixir and without an upgraded PS you’re running on three cylinders, and not hearing the what the DAC204 is actually capable of. I also have the Plixir Statement umbilical DC cable installed. I’m not sure how much it is contributing, but for $180 it’s a probably a good idea to purchase. I’m sure things will just get even better after a fuse SR Master upgrade and a few weeks of break in. I purchased the PS directly from Plixir and had several emails with James who was very helpful.

A bit more detail on the 204 DC plug, ideally is a Switchcraft 760K type. Or one with a 2.5mm center hole and 5.5mm pin diameter. And a shaft length of about 9.5mm
The tip is positive.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Concerning the dc plug of the included Plixir dc cable, my view is that the original plug is OK but not the best in the market.

I preferred replacing it with Soundcraft or Oyaide.
Pls email James or your local Plixir for such requests.

The original dc plug :
IMG_20231125_081509.jpg

The Soundcraft 760k :
IMG_20231125_081538.jpg

The Oyaide 2.5mm :
oyaide-dc-25g-male-jack-dc-5525mm-connector-gold-plated-o63mm.jpg
;)

Reactions: kennyb123

PLiXiR Power James Soh

Jul 4, 2019
Dear Mr Vangelis. Thank you for the kind words on the use of the Elite BDC with the Weiss DAC 204.

I will just have to add we now have the Statement BDC 9Vdc version specifically to support the Weiss DAC 204 / 205. It is another step up over the Elite BDC in this application, from customer feedback.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing