ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
have to admit my 7-year old Kuro is starting to get old in the tooth- hope to get 2-3 more years out of it, then OLED 65".

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
I own a Pioneer PRO-1410HD plasma I purchased in 2005 that still has a fantastic picture, much better than the led I have. The only issues I have with the plasma is the fan noise and the heat it generates. The article states current led technology is comparable to the plasma. I hope they're right and we're not going backwards.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Also have a Panasonic plasma from 4-5 years ago, and haven't found another TV, LCD or otherwise, that bests it.

It generates some heat, but it doesn't annoy me, as the TV is big (60") and I don't sit anywhere close it to feel the warmth...

Seems like we have another Betamax on our hands...

alexandre

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I've got a Pioneer Elite Kuro Plasma and had it professionally calibrated. Incredible picture quality. It's only 46", but boy is it nice compared to other flat screens that I've seen. It's connected to a Pass Labs Alelph 3 and nice Symdex speakers. Home Theater on the cheap.

I'm hoping it lasts a few more years while technology catches up.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I've got a Pioneer Elite Kuro Plasma and had it professionally calibrated. Incredible picture quality. It's only 46", but boy is it nice compared to other flat screens that I've seen. It's connected to a Pass Labs Alelph 3 and nice Symdex speakers. Home Theater on the cheap.

I have seen the last generation Kuro Plasma before they stopped making them (7th generation?), and it was absolutely beautiful. You see things in the images, ruffling of clothes, small details of movements in the grass...and you see them so easily while you are watching the main action...it is fantastic.

I have seen a couple of Loewe screens many years ago and a Bang and Olufsen screen that were also stunning.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I have seen the last generation Kuro Plasma before they stopped making them (7th generation?), and it was absolutely beautiful. You see things in the images, ruffling of clothes, small details of movements in the grass...and you see them so easily while you are watching the main action...it is fantastic.

I have seen a couple of Loewe screens many years ago and a Bang and Olufsen screen that were also stunning.

Yes, I've got that last generation Kuro. Then they suddenly stopped making them and the dealer told me they could not sell them fast enough. Pioneer just changed direction even though the demand was through the roof.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

Same here, but 50 inch. The picture quality continuous to be staggering.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing