Plan To Split California Into Six States Closer To Reality

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
The Ex-Canucks would be a good band name.

Tim

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
You like History in New Orleans their are two places you should know about the Black Smiths Shop and Napoleon House at one point Lafite the pirate and other drank at the Black Smiths they pooled some money built a House and rigged ships to break Napoleon off St.Helens Island to bring him to New Orleans. The plan was raise a army and rule North America. Napoleon died before they could pull it off.

I remember that very well from junior year history in high school.

Don't get me wrong Garth I love it there and still have family in Toronto but with my profession winter was the worst of evils. Can't tell you how any times I was called in the wee hours to come now, she's pushing" and you look out and see 15" of fresh snow on the road or even better yet the road crews had the streets cleared but your driveway was plowed over making it impossible to get out. Now if I were a dermatologist that would be no big deal but as an obgyn winter haunted me. I had a 1976 Corvette L82 loaded with side pipes that was modded to be one of the fastest cars I ever owned. I cant tell you how many time I was hit from behind because of ice or me sliding into someone. These accidents occurred at a snail pace speed but the cost each time to repair my car drove me nuts. I left in '78 without ever really getting to drive that car year round

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
There is a very nice detective series called "Murdoch Mysteries" which takes place in Toronto around the late 1890's to 1900's, when the eve of modern technology was pending. Once you get past the arch formality of the dialogue, which is purposeful, and get into the wry humor of the series, it is pretty interesting and entertaining. Murdoch was a police detective, schooled by Jesuits in Nova Scotia, of the Sherlock Holmes variety but adapting "new science" to solving crimes. They show him riding on a bicycle around Toronto to his destinations, and the series is really kind of delightful. I have checked out the DVDs from the library.

Many episodes concern Canadian history (they were terrified of American aggression and invasion), as well as many world figures of note who crossed paths in Toronto of the time.

My sister, when her ex-husband was in the foreign service, lived many years in Quebec City and spoke French. She got a graduate degree there. My nephew went to a boarding school there.

As far as California, a lot of it is mostly just about water. The north has it, the south wants it and uses it's clout to divert it, the "Chinatown" soap opera written large. No polity willingly gives up its powers, and splitting California has an ice cube's chance in hell. Outlandish taxation and regulation as well as business unfriendly environment may play some role, but they don't seem to keep either business or people from packing into the "Not So Golden State."

dingus

Mar 22, 2013
Graham, WA
Plan To Split California Into Six States Closer To Reality = 1 lesson in French-Canadian culture.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
California is like a country. If we believe our country should be made up of states, then california should be split just the same.

Having lived there, different parts are truly different. I would imagine someone from farming background would do a lot better governing the farming community than a hollywood actor! "I'll be back!" :D

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I am from New Brunswick lived in Newfoundland for a year my wife is from Nova Scotia and I am and have been for largest part of my life in Woolwich township one hour west of Toronto I live on the Grand River just tons of water floating past me every day their California as I also have a one acre pond spring feed beside the house. I may not be rich American but I got lots to drink LOL.

sounds absolutely wonderful

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing