Performance comparison: Moto Xoom, iPad2 and BB PlayBook

Got to play with a PlayBook in the Philly airport the other day. Was very smooth but it is too small for my purposes.

Still loving my Xoom. When it finally gets the LTE radio it will surely smoke the competition in a test like that shown in the above linked video. Liked the Android OS so much I dumped my BlackBerry Storm 2 Phone (which I came to truly hate) for the new HTC Thunderbolt which has the new 4G (LTE) radio. Faster than most wired modems. Turned it on, signed into my Google account and all my contacts, calendar, apps and documents were synchronized across all five of my computing platforms. That's pretty cool. This phone is absolutely fantastic. There has been a lot of complaints about the battery life but I am finding it to be about as good as the Storm 2. I unhooked it from the charger at 6:30a today and 13 hours later it has 75% battery remaining although today was a pretty light day.

I'm just glad I dumped my RIM stock.

Thanks for the report. I have not touched my iPad2 for more than a week. Maybe I will figure out what to use it for one of these days!!! :)

Thanks for the report. I have not touched my iPad2 for more than a week. Maybe I will figure out what to use it for one of these days!!! :)

I think these tablet things are a luxury mainly useful for media consumption and perhaps as programmable controllers. They are great for travel: light, quick, longlasting and fit easily on the tray or seat back. GPS and Maps makes it easy to navigate unfamiliar cities. Great for killing time at SBUX.

I've played with the BB Playbook, and I personally really like it. I love the size and the fact it provides 1080p viewing and recording of video. It also has MicroUSB/SD/HDMI slots.

I think the hardware specs are pretty immaterial with these, it's more about the software/UI.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing