Pee Wee Herman Dead At 70

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Paul Reubens, the comedian who played the popular children's character Pee-wee Herman, has died at 70 following a battle with cancer.

"Last night we said farewell to Paul Reubens, an iconic American actor, comedian, writer and producer whose beloved character Pee-wee Herman delighted generations of children and adults with his positivity, whimsy and belief in the importance of kindness," his long-time rep said in a statement obtained by Fox News Digital.

"Paul bravely and privately fought cancer for years with his trademark tenacity and wit. A gifted and prolific talent, he will forever live in the comedy pantheon and in our hearts as a treasured friend and man of remarkable character and generosity of spirit," she added.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I loved the Pee Wee Herman movies and thought he was great as a supporting actor in the underappreciated "Blow"

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I first caught his act on the Dating Game
He truly achieved suspensionvof disbelief.
I never understood why he was arrested for mastirbating in a Porto movie theater
I thought that is what there gor.
Thanks Pee Wee for making us laugh
I hope you a jerking off somewhere in the cosmos with impunity.

audiobomber

Oct 13, 2020
Sudbury ON, Canada
Pee-Wee's Playhouse was an unmissable event every Saturday morning when my kids were little; "Daddy, wake up, Pee-Wee's on".

I'll have to try and find the earlier episodes, with Phil Hartman as Captain Carl. I read that Playhouse wasn't originally intended to be a kid's show but quickly became one.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing