Pay Special Attention to Your Wife This Holiday Season

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Husbands out there, don't blow it. Make sure you get your wives an appropriate gift this holiday season:

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Steve, you do remember correctly. I know because I was the one who had previously posted that video. I just thought it was deserving of its own thread at this time of year, that being the holiday season. With as much $$$ as many of our members here spend on gear or on music and concerts - for me, it's a hefty sum on music and particularly on concerts - we better put in some thought on our wives, who allow us to be adult boys with our toys.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My wife asked me for a new bedroom stereo system. The way her tastes have evolved, I would spend less at Hermes!

Ron, she wants a Sonos as well as a CD player!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
I've seen this before. Priceless!

I told my wife I was getting her an opal-encrusted mop this year....... Hope they've got room for me in there...

Lee
Your wife knows what a mop is? Consider yourself lucky.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Having successfully enraged women from childhood, I have come to view them as chronically enraged no matter what my actions.

The bower bird approach of engaging increasingly extortionate gifting in exchange for decreasing amounts of nookie never struck me as a very good deal, more like a trap, though I guess some men and women seem to enjoy the sado masochism of this ritual.

My wife and I have managed to remain good friends for over 30 years in spite of a low "gifting" tendency from each of us. I continue to enrage (and entertain in some undecipherable way) her, so that hasn't changed.

That being said, we are going to play "catch up" on technology and I will be getting her one of those talking GPS thingies for her car.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That being said, we are going to play "catch up" on technology and I will be getting her one of those talking GPS thingies for her car.
Speaking of this, I am not sure I have ever surprised my wife better than when I gave her a Kindle for her birthday this year. She was overjoyed and still talks about it. I got her a bright green case with LED lighting (very clever) and she uses it constantly. Amazon has really done a nice job with this device.

She has now downloaded the Kindle app on her PC and reads color versions of her books there too.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
There is an incredibly huge market for "bodice rippers", otherwise known as female romantic fiction. They can buy these by the dozens for the e-book readers and can take them wherever they go without revealing the covers, which typically have some variation of Fabio on the cover, rippling muscles, sometimes on horseback, with a non-cleavage impaired female swooning somewhere in the vicinity.

When going to the e-book lending library, you have to wade through mountains of these things to find a "real" book.

Last edited:

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Speaking of this, I am not sure I have ever surprised my wife better than when I gave her a Kindle for her birthday this year. She was overjoyed and still talks about it. I got her a bright green case with LED lighting (very clever) and she uses it constantly. Amazon has really done a nice job with this device.

She has now downloaded the Kindle app on her PC and reads color versions of her books there too.

I did the same in April, and it was the best gift I ever got her.

Lee

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing