I would some to list a past comedy they loved and why
my first pick is
Jonny dangerously movie
it’s old Enough to have any we can’t do this stuff
has a massive cast and his young they look
Maybe while I’m a true American I do love my Italian heritage
this movie has me laughing start to finish
it’s dumb and I love it.
while past movies like blazing saddles are great this movie had little to no ethnic shock
Anyway I look forward to new stuff and comments
Al

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
Vacation - I watched this countless times growing up, classic Chevy Chase.
The Burbs - Great cast
Trading Places - Love old Eddie Murphy movies
Coming to America

Reactions: Alrainbow

Rumpole

Aug 26, 2023
Colorado, USA
"The Ghost and Mr. Chicken", a perfect vehicle for Don Knott's physical comedy. It's also a lovely nostalgia piece for 1960s small town kitsch. I'd only seen it on TV in the 1960s on our black and white TV so I was amazed when I bought the DVD and saw it in beautiful Technicolor. :)

"Death at a Funeral", the 2007 British version, it gets funnier every time I watch it.

Reactions: Alrainbow

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Vacation - I watched this countless times growing up, classic Chevy Chase.
The Burbs - Great cast
Trading Places - Love old Eddie Murphy movies
Coming to America
a tradition of ours for well over 25 years is watching Christmas Vacation after Thanksgiving dinner ( we used to do it after Christmas dinner but for the past 15 years at least after Christmas dinner we watch Elf). My family can recite every line from both movies as we each play one of the characters.. We say the lines before the actors do. o_O

Reactions: Long Live Analog

Steve Williams

Another favorite which is not really a comedy but one we have watched 100's of times and my wife knows every line is Pretty Woman. Great movie with Julia at the start of her career and a fabulous sound track to boot

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
a tradition of ours for well over 25 years is watching Christmas Vacation after Thanksgiving dinner ( we used to do it after Christmas dinner but for the past 15 years at least after Christmas dinner we watch Elf). My family can recite every line from both movies as we each play one of the characters.. We say the lines before the actors do. o_O

Same here, my brother still says "good talk Russ" after any long conversation.

Reactions: Long Live Analog

Ovenmitt

Nov 21, 2017
This list must.... just MUST, include the original Pink Panther movies, with Peter Sellars. If you want to stick with Peter Sellars and go a bit darker, Dr. Strangelove.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
As I seem to forget past movies in a way it’s great to watch them again. Now this drives my wife nuts lol. unless it’s one she loves to see again

Re-tread

Mar 8, 2020
This list must.... just MUST, include the original Pink Panther movies, with Peter Sellars. If you want to stick with Peter Sellars and go a bit darker, Dr. Strangelove.
I also love both of these selections..! IMHO, the latter is a borderline cinematic masterpiece.

Reactions: Ovenmitt

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
lets not forget Annie Halll when Woody was at his peak. Sneezing into that stash of cocaine is unforgettable...

I liked most of his with Diane Keato, Manhattan murder mystery was hilarious. DK in Allen movies is probably my favorite actress

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Clerks, bachelor party

Steve Williams

I liked most of his with Diane Keato, Manhattan murder mystery was hilarious. DK in Allen movies is probably my favorite actress
I totally agree except in present era Woody his new go to is Scarlett Johansson and she's pretty darn good as well. I think one of his best recent movies was Match Point from 2006

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I totally agree except in present era Woody his new go to is Scarlett Johansson and she's pretty darn good as well. I think one of his best recent movies was Match Point from 2006

i don’t like his serious ones. The other brilliant Diane Keaton movie starring him not directed by him is play it again Sam.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing