Olympus Has Fallen

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
My wife and I saw this today as an afternoon matinee. I've seen the trailers which certainly caught my interest so thought it was an inexpensive cost of tickets in. As I've said before that sometimes along comes something so preposterous that if it is presented well it will engage one's interest and draw them in.having said this I must confess that not only did it captivate me from start to finish but so also my wife who would always prefer a comedy or musical. In fact when we got back to the car my wife said"the movie wasn't long enough". Plus Gerard with his fake American accent is totally buff and will wow the ladies.

The plot 10/10 for being utterly preposterous

Special Effects .....10/10

Action .................10/10

Recommended....don't miss and/or buy it on Blu-ray when it shows up.It was that much fun. Very graphic....so be prepared

So here's the premise....

Disgraced former Presidential guard Mike Banning finds himself trapped inside the White House in the wake of a terrorist attack; using his inside knowledge, Banning works with national security to rescue the President from his kidnappers.

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
We just watched it and enjoyed it. My wife (who grew up in various military camps around the Philippines) thought that the bad guys took over the White House (man, it is the White House) too easily... But other than that, we both enjoyed the movie. Lot's of funny one liners...

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

I recently saw it and enjoyed it but ... but ... simply a bad, simplistic plot and formulaic movie .. not good, not to the level of say, Air Force one.. Enjoyable ? yes but the second one starts thinking? ... naaaaahhhh!!... Makes not much sense ... You need a romp of action to get your juice going? Ok ... Bluray time ... a great movie? Not by a mile .. It is IMO the kind of movie you see once but will not take twice .

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
My wife and I saw this today as an afternoon matinee. I've seen the trailers which certainly caught my interest so thought it was an inexpensive cost of tickets in. As I've said before that sometimes along comes something so preposterous that if it is presented well it will engage one's interest and draw them in.having said this I must confess that not only did it captivate me from start to finish but so also my wife who would always prefer a comedy or musical. In fact when we got back to the car my wife said"the movie wasn't long enough". Plus Gerard with his fake American accent is totally buff and will wow the ladies.

The plot 10/10 for being utterly preposterous

Special Effects .....10/10

Action .................10/10

Recommended....don't miss and/or buy it on Blu-ray when it shows up.It was that much fun. Very graphic....so be prepared

So here's the premise....

Disgraced former Presidential guard Mike Banning finds himself trapped inside the White House in the wake of a terrorist attack; using his inside knowledge, Banning works with national security to rescue the President from his kidnappers.

I liked it but found it considering current events, a little disturbing. Kinda like watching 24! Now where was Jack?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing