Nuclear Sushi?

caesar

May 30, 2010
As the day after the awful quake in Japan dawned, I ran out and got some sushi. I haven't had it since.

Is it safe to eat sushi?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Sure. There is much bigger fear of mercury and other heavy metals in fish than radiation so far away. Now, if the label says Fukushima on it, watch out! :D

With so little sushi we eat, the danger is just not there anyway.

caesar

May 30, 2010
I think a lot of the nuclear waste was (still is???) going into the ocean, and some of the best tuna comes from Japan...

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Well, the stuation is sadly not getting better.

"The Nuclear Safety Commission of Japan released a preliminary calculation Monday saying that the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant had been releasing up to 10,000 terabecquerels of radioactive materials per hour at some point after a massive quake and tsunami hit northeastern Japan on March 11.

The disclosure prompted the government to consider raising the accident's severity level to 7, the worst on an international scale, from the current 5, government sources said. The level 7 on the International Nuclear Event Scale has only been applied to the 1986 Chernobyl catastrophe.

The current provisional evaluation of 5 is at the same level as the Three Mile Island accident in the United States in 1979."

http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/04/84721.html

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I think a lot of the nuclear waste was (still is???) going into the ocean, and some of the best tuna comes from Japan...

Actually the best tuna doesn't come from Japan. The best Blue Fin is from the North Atlantic and the best Yellow Fin from the South China Sea. The best Tuna can be found in Japan because Japan pays the premium to buy the best Tuna from all over the world.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing