Now I've Seen Everything

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Yesterday I thought I was hallucinating when I saw this. As you might all know I live on the 5th fairway of Coto de Caza's south golf course. Yesterday while looking out at 2 people playing through I noticed something which made me do a double take. I could see both golfers along the side of the fairway and while they were walking along came a moving golf cart. I don't play golf anymore and I must admit that I have never seen one of these as most of the golfers use carts.

Just wondering if any of you golfers use one of these

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Can't wait for the RC baby strollers, with a special rock-back-and-forth switch. I am rushing for the patent.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I love where they claim it's "healthier".......LOL!

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
All it needs is a taser to immobilize the slow players who don't let you play through, and a ball spitter to give you an automatic mulligan if you go out of bounds.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

It's healthier than a golf cart where you sit and don't have to walk.

Please.....if you were golfing for exercise you'd pull the cart. It's as much a lazy-man's device as a golf cart.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Yeah not really the healthiest sport,
that is why Tiger Woods had to sleep with so many "actresses" to stay fit :)

Cheers
Orb

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Please.....if you were golfing for exercise you'd pull the cart. It's as much a lazy-man's device as a golf cart.

The groundskeepers are very fit, doing the gardening and hauling off the "double martini and coronary" bodies. At least it is a sport that doesn't require anabolic steroids.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
The groundskeepers are very fit, doing the gardening and hauling off the "double martini and coronary" bodies. At least it is a sport that doesn't require anabolic steroids.

Cool! More money for beer and martinis then! Woohoo!

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Man, I remember when I was a kid (7th and 8th grade) and I used to caddy at one of the most exclusive country clubs in Louisville, KY (Big Springs). I used to make $3-$4 for caddying 18 holes for a bunch of rich douche bags that had way more clubs stuffed in their bags than they had talent to play golf. And they were cheap bastards too and didn't want to tip much. You figure it takes about 4 hours to play 18 holes and you go home with $4.00. Wow! Plus I had to walk about 3 miles to get there from my house and then walk back home. Those were the days...

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It's always bothered me that in the US it is becoming more and more difficult to find courses where you are allowed to walk.

@mep - did the "markisms" get you bigger or smaller tips :p

@steve - now that you are a monster on the treadmill you should play again Steve. Just look at how gorgeous your view is. Forget the score, you can get 18x that view in a few hours of sun, fun and exercise!

mep

Apr 20, 2010
@mep - did the "markisms" get you bigger or smaller tips :p

Jack-Caddies were expected to be seen and not heard unless called upon. I kept my mouth shut. Sometimes they didn't want us within ear shot if they were telling dirty jokes and they would ask us to lag back 10'.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I once caddied for a female golfer who was in the LPGA. She treated me better than any of the other male golfers I caddied for. She had me caddy for her for two rounds of 18 holes before her tournament so I could judge how she hit the ball. She actually relied on me during the tournament to tell her what club she should use every time she had to hit the ball. I was pretty damn accurate at judging her strength and what club she should use every time. She was nice enough to pick me up at my house and drop me off at my house after the round was over. She bought me lunch and took care of me during the tournament. She actually won the tournament that I caddied for her and she tipped me $20 which was pretty cool when I was in the 8th grade.

jap

Banned
Apr 6, 2012

If you were golfing for exercise you'd carry your bag.

Guess I'm lucky that the CC I play at, allows you to walk or ride.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Re: walking......I take it that this is for the caddy, assistants and other folks that are not directly involved with the game not being able to walk on the course in order to maintain the best golfing conditions. Am I correct in this assumption?

Cool contraption nonetheless. It would be nice to have a couple of those for our games and I hear you, cjfrbw. That would be nice from time to time. ;)

Jack, if you ever do make it to Charlotte, hit me up. I'd love to meet up with you.

Tom

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
@Mark - You never got into it yourself then Mark? I imagine you would've had lots of places to play when you were in the service. Of course now that you need SPF 2000 it's kinda out of the question.

@Steve - Do it! :D

@Tom - I've heard NC is a true haven for Golf enthusiasts. I'll definitely take you up on that offer Tom! I wonder how many of us here play?

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
one of my (former) golf buddies has a remote controlled cart like that, it was cool, almost like having a caddy. A round of golf also serve as a four hour RC toy playtime for him

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing