NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I recall growing up when there were only the original 6 teams before the league expanded. IMO Hockey never took off as a sport in the USA until Wayne Gretzky was traded from Edmonton the the LA Kings

Now many years later hockey thrives with the USA exerting dominance over Canada with recent Stanley Cup victories.

With Les Habs vs Philadelphia, I ask, "what sayest you for the Cup this year?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'd love for "Les Habitants" to win the cup, but I wouldn't be upset if my all-time second fave team took it....Chicago!

John

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I remember the days of the original 6 when goalies never wore face masks. I remember vividly, Johnie Bower taken off the ice with his face bleeding from a huge gash only to be stitiched up and returned to the game

The Jacques Plantes got the idea for a face mask and the rest is history

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Johnny Bower...talk about a class act! I used to run into him all the time at my place of work and he always, always stopped to chat with everyone that approached him.

Jacques, Terry Sawchuk, "Gump" Worsley.....man those were the days. I don't know how they did it prior to the mask protection that JP introduced.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing