New Vinyl Rack

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
We received our new Vinyl Rack today. It will only hold 600 or so records, but that work for our Great Room. tempImageuapnfR.jpg tempImageqsPeRf.jpg tempImageNP6dzK.jpg

DeadWax

Apr 11, 2020
Very nice! Who makes that?

Reactions: Audire

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Reactions: DeadWax

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Do you use that fireplace?
Do you get direct sunlight in that window?
Cabinet does however look very nice!

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Do you use that fireplace?
Do you get direct sunlight in that window?
Cabinet does however look very nice!

Thanks. The fireplace came with the home - not something we really desired in FL. We don’t use it. The blinds (which will hopefully be replaced soon) are normally closed - they were just opened so we could work on the cabinet.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Thanks. The fireplace came with the home - not something we really desired in FL. We don’t use it. The blinds (which will hopefully be replaced soon) are normally closed - they were just opened so we could work on the cabinet.
Funny you mention fireplace in Florida as I was born and raised in Southern California and every house had a fireplace. Moved to Washington state for three years and was suprised how many homes did not have fireplaces (mine was one). Really could have used one there.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Yes, we don’t prefer fireplaces, messy for speakers and the rest of the equipment. Electric FPs are ok, but wood burning ones for us - forget it. Ours is Elec. and we don’t it.

I’m surprised by the lack of FPs in Wash. state. Many of my family on my late mother‘s side live in Bellingham, WA and everyone has a FP. So, it must be the part of the state you are in. I agree that you could have really used one there. As I remember it could be very cold. Really cold.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Yes, we don’t prefer fireplaces, messy for speakers and the rest of the equipment. Electric FPs are ok, but wood burning ones for us - forget it. Ours is Elec. and we don’t it.

I’m surprised by the lack of FPs in Wash. state. Many of my family on my late mother‘s side live in Bellingham, WA and everyone has a FP. So, it must be the part of the state you are in. I agree that you could have really used one there. As I remember it could be very cold. Really cold.
We were dead in the middle between Seattle and Bellingham and we love fireplaces so it sucked.
We are currently living 12 hours north of you in KY and our home has 2 gas burning fireplaces. We use them a lot and I want heat if there is an extended power outage, was 16F yesterday morning. Gas water heater for the same reason. Gas fireplaces are audiophile friendly, not in same room as equipment and records however.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
We were dead in the middle between Seattle and Bellingham and we love fireplaces so it sucked.
We are currently living 12 hours north of you in KY and our home has 2 gas burning fireplaces. We use them a lot and I want heat if there is an extended power outage, was 16F yesterday morning. Gas water heater for the same reason. Gas fireplaces are audiophile friendly, not in same room as equipment and records however.

KY is near my late father's family - KY / IN. They owned a lot of farm land then. I did some training in Louisville back in the 90s. It gets cold up there as well. A good place to run Pass Class A amps. :D

We just moved to N FL - just above Destin, Santa Rosa Beach near the Bay ... I was advised yesterday by a long time native of the area that in Jan-Feb we will get some temps in the teens. I'm hoping for something well above 16 though o_O

It's 47 here now with a high expected of 68.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
New Light for the Vinyl Rack. Two more in the way; one for the TT and the other for the CD Rack.

448AC72E-4A51-46C0-B7EA-2B1C2D7120A1.jpeg

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
BTW, anyone who is interested in these they are called UberLight Flex. They come either with a Rack clip on base or solid type base. It appears Amazon handles them too.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
We are out of room for our records, so we just ordered another rack. Room is limited so this is a 4-drawer rack instead of a 6-drawer. Same color and finish options. Can’t wait.

Last edited:

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
We are out of room for our records, so another we just ordered another rack. Room is limited so this is a 4-drawer rack instead of a 6-drawer. Same color and finish options. Can’t wait.
its a sickness I tell ya. My goal is to get mine down to the size of your first cabinet! The comment from my wife is " how come you have so many records but you keep playing the same 10 over and over again"
She has a point.
I have so many I haven't played in at least a decade, been collecting since 1978. Before our last move I had a come to jesus and got rid of a couple thousand so have made a decent start.

Enjoy the new cabinet, they are fine looking units.

• Love

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
We ran out of room for our records, so Paul made us another Vinyl Rack. Just delivered.

IMG_0830.jpeg

IMG_0831.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing