New member from New England

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
Hi everyone

Thought I would introduce myself here. I am a music fan from New England mostly interested in jazz, delta blues and rock. My main interests are in analog, and I have been thinking about adding an R2R deck to go along with my turntable. My favorite speakers tend be electrostats and I'm hoping to add some Sound Labs either Majestic or Ultimate PX-1 when I have my own house. When I'm not listening to music I enjoy snowboarding, mountain biking, cooking and traveling.

I currently work as a medical resident and hope to specialize in sports medicine.

Thanks for having me :)

-Deepak

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Welcome Deepak! .. My nephew is a resident as well and has just a few available time to sleep :) I hope you find yourself time for listening... You will find great content here regarding music and how to enjoy it at its full extent!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Welcome. I am an elctrostatic enthusiast also. Don't overlook the Dynastat II. We need a Sound Labs guy here.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
HI Deepak.

Welcome. BTW, look for 'Microstrip'...his reference speakers are Sound Labs A1, and a seriously experience WBF member. Myles Astor has ML Summits. Both know analog well. Great posts and good insights, with loads of detailed observations on lots of various equipment. And no doubt numerous others here are extremely knowledge and communicative as well.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
---Hi Deepak, and Welcome!

Bob

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi Deepak,

Welcome. I have three pairs of electrostatic speakers but none of them are Soundlabs. I have a pair of Stax F81, a pair of double Quad 57 and a pair of Crosby modified Quad 63.

Sam

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
Thank you for the welcomes. flez you are right, sleep is the one luxury I am lacking :)

I forgot to mention this in the first post, but I was also attracted to this forum by the high level of discourse in room treatments and setup. I rarely see this topic brought up on other forums, yet it's so critical to good sound.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
HI Deepak.

Welcome. BTW, look for 'Microstrip'...his reference speakers are Sound Labs A1, and a seriously experience WBF member. Myles Astor has ML Summits. Both know analog well. Great posts and good insights, with loads of detailed observations on lots of various equipment. And no doubt numerous others here are extremely knowledge and communicative as well.

Not to mention Myles is a strength coach as well as working with people coming out of rehab and other issues :)

Welcome!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing