New Look I Noticed

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Great option to have! My cables are sheathed in metallic gray and my walls are actually silver so the "usual" finish fits right in. In Black though the ML3s will look like a 6 piece set. Visually cool that. :D

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I have a "black" DPC-6 at my dealer breaking in...I'm excited about the new color...I'll likely slowly migrate...or beg for a low cost replacement face plate :)

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Speaking of new look, check out Steve's avatar! And now mine.

Last edited:

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
I have a "black" DPC-6 at my dealer breaking in...I'm excited about the new color...I'll likely slowly migrate...or beg for a low cost replacement face plate :)

Replacement faceplates are available from our service department at a reasonable cost. Send an email to Richard. cservice@shunyata.com

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

heickc

Nov 29, 2014
Dear Gabriel,

Is the NIC in Titron v2 more effective than Titron v1 due to the CCI new feature ?

Last edited:

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Dear Gabriel,

Is the NIC in Titron v2 more effective than Titron v1 due to the CCI new feature ?

The new TRITON v2 is superior to the v1 because it now uses the pure copper CopperCONN™ outlets, new copper buss system and the new CCI™ noise filters. Each of these three items is significant enough in sonic terms to justify a new version for the TRITON. Together they represent a very significant performance increase beyond the TRITON v1.

The NICs (noise isolation chambers) in the TRITON are they same as in the v1.

heickc

Nov 29, 2014
Thanks Mr. Gabriel.

I use NAS and listen to Linn DS player and Exaktbox DAC and a pair of class D power amps.

If I currently only have 1 Hydra AV but no dedicated circuit in my home, which upgrade path do you recommend me to go for :-

A. Buy Titron v2 to replace Hydra AV
B. Buy Typhon and plug it into Hydra AV
C. Buy DPCv2 and plug it into Hydra AV

?

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Thanks Mr. Gabriel.

I use NAS and listen to Linn DS player and Exaktbox DAC and a pair of class D power amps.

If I currently only have 1 Hydra AV but no dedicated circuit in my home, which upgrade path do you recommend me to go for :-

A. Buy Titron v2 to replace Hydra AV
B. Buy Typhon and plug it into Hydra AV
C. Buy DPCv2 and plug it into Hydra AV

?

You don't need a DPC-6. Make sure your NAS is plugged into a different power circuit and is physically away from your system. Use a shielded Ethernet cable to connect to the Linn.

We may announce an upgrade path for the Hydra AV when the Triton v2 program becomes available.

The TYPHON will give you an immediate performance boost.

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Hydra A/V and Typhon + Alpha HC

Very clear and truthful advise. Thanks for your advise !

I can "second" the vote for a Typhon with your Hydra A/V. It's what I'm running with a Alpha HC from the A/V to the wall.

John

heickc

Nov 29, 2014
Must the typhon plug into Hydra AV one of 8 plugs, or can plug to the same Wall inlet as the Hydra AV and will the improvement effect be the same ?
if I don't have spare plugin, can I plug typhon to another side of wall socket (all wall sockets are connected and no dedicated circuit in my house) and will the typhon improvement effect be the same ?

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Where to plug in Typhon?

Must the typhon plug into Hydra AV one of 8 plugs, or can plug to the same Wall inlet as the Hydra AV and will the improvement effect be the same ?
if I don't have spare plugin, can I plug typhon to another side of wall socket (all wall sockets are connected and no dedicated circuit in my house) and will the typhon improvement effect be the same ?

I am using the Typhon plugged into the A/V because my entire system is plugged into the A/V. I am limited to one dedicated line/duplex for the whole system, for now. I have not experimented with the configuration you suggest. Hopefully, Caelin can weigh in with his opinion.

John

heickc

Nov 29, 2014
I am using the Typhon plugged into the A/V because my entire system is plugged into the A/V. I am limited to one dedicated line/duplex for the whole system, for now. I have not experimented with the configuration you suggest. Hopefully, Caelin can weigh in with his opinion.

John

Thanks John sharing his experience.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

I think Shunyata will tell you plugging into the Hydra AV is choice #1. Into the wall is still helpful but choice #2 and likely not as good as #1...

heickc

Nov 29, 2014
I am running out of power plug-in in my hydra AV but I want to add a Typhon. Is Venom defender (current in one of 8 power plugs in hydra AV) a duplicated device that I should directly replace it with Typhon ?

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing