New Furry Four-Footed Fosterlings

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I received four more little guys - An orange and white & 3 grey and whites. All scrawny, boney, ugly little alley cats. The orange is a boy and the greys are girls. Now to get them fattened up, social and loving - that will take care of the ugly. They transform quickly into cute when they are well fed and social.

These are the only two that will let me hold them as yet. And interestingly enough, also the two sorta cute ones.

New_Kittens.jpg Marmaduke.jpg Penelope.jpg

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I received four more little guys - An orange and white & 3 grey and whites. All scrawny, boney, ugly little alley cats. The orange is a boy and the greys are girls. Now to get them fattened up, social and loving - that will take care of the ugly. They transform quickly into cute when they are well fed and social.

These are the only two that will let me hold them as yet. And interestingly enough, also the two sorta cute ones.

View attachment 4389 View attachment 4390 View attachment 4391

Have you named them yet?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Actually yes. The orange guys is Marmaduke - courtesy of my sister. The grey/white is Penelope or Penny, I think the other two will end up being Daphne and Helen or Athena - will see how their personalities shape up.

Love the gray and white. Reminds me of one of my old cats named Odysseus or as we called him for short, Desser.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Is that a coincidence or what?? A cat named Odysseus? And I named this one Penelope? (Wife of Odysseus)

:)

Yes, I saw a car dump this little kitten out into a field and rescued him. Thought it was appropriate given that just graduated college and needed to put my humanities to work, to name him after a wanderer. The rest is history and had him for 15 years.

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Persephone.jpg
Saffy or Persephone. The sling works great for getting the little scaredy cats used to being held and being close to a human body, and yet gives me a free hand to do stuff around the house.

TwoKits.jpg
Marmaduke & Daphne - voluntarily got into the sling for a bit of a carry around. The next day, I let them run around the house while I was in.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Oh they look so cute together!!!

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Persephone2.jpg
Persephone will be a lap cat yet!

Marmaduke2.jpg
Marmaduke is so mellow, he will stay where you put him. I weighed them all last night in prep for their spay/neuter appointment next week. Little Duke was the only one to sit for a photo to be taken. He should gain that 1 oz he needs to go under anesthesia in 5 - 6 days (I hope!)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Like :)

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Weighed one of the little ones last night and she was about 32.5 oz - which means they all go under the knife this morning and will be available for adoption this weekend.

Come on now... someone has got to love this little one enough to bring her home. Let her perch on your desk and watch you work. :)

Persephone3.jpg

For local Seattleites... come meet them at the Next to Nature Pet food store in West Seattle this Sunday, Aug 5th!! http://www.next-to-nature.com/

If anyone is ever interested in any of the kittens I foster, let me know!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing