New from Italy

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear All,
my name is Baldi Gianluigi,
sorry my bad English,
i read you near every day and now i decide to write my experience.
I listen music and buy hifi from 1973,so i tried and had a lot of things in these years,
starting from Audio Research,Jadis,Rowland,mark Levinson with special experience with Be Yamamura,Imai of Audiotekne,Sakuma,ecc,ecc

Now i have 2 system,one with Kondo M7 ksl,GE 1,and 2 Souga to biamp EV Sentry III with horn super tweeter from Yamamura and a second system with CH Precision
L1 C1 X1 and 2 A1 to biamp an italian speaker very very interesting Montagna Spark 3.

We are one group of friends of around12/13 people with medium/big system that often meet to listen or try something.
its a very pity we are on the other side of the world because was interesting to meet part of you

Hello to everybody
Gianluigi Baldi

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Many thanks,
i always read you and others member,sometimes i will post my impression

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Gianluigi, I guess you probably know Pietro who owns Montagna speakers and Yamamura horns, among others?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Hi Bonzo,
yes Pietro is my big friend since 1980 around and we always meet every 15/20 days to try something in my home or his home.
I remember he told me you went to him but i was busy to reach you and Pietro that day,
Pietro leaves 35 minutes from my home.
Other friends live,5 friends 5 minutes from my home and other 40 minutes from my home
Their system are

Pre Viva amp mono Viva aurora Wilson Alexandria
Mark Lev. 30.5 31.5 32 33 Wilson X1
Vivaldi pre Aloia( italian) Viola Bravo speaker sold Wilson,is thinking how to buy
DCS Pre Coincident Viola Bravo Coincident speker
Audio note M10 Gakuho Kegon Kageki Western Electic big speaker
Daniel Hertz top system
Cd Audio note 4 Kondo overture Kiso
Continuum Pandora Mephisto mono Dynaudio
Sme 30 Burmester 111 Burmester 911 Gryphon trident
Dr. fleitcher Pass XS XS 300 Wilson alexia
Sme 30 Convergent new pre path and power amp Wilson Sasha
plus Pietro and some i forgot

As you see we are crazy also in Italy

Ciao
Gianluigi

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Oh wow looks like I will have to do a couple more trips..i can't do more than a weekend at a time, so maybe in June or July will come over. I learned a lot from Pietro

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I can tell one nice story about my hifi life.

I was lucky because i had a good room in a big house of my father and mother of around 80 sqm.

From 1980 to 1991 i had,bought or distributors and shop friend borrow to try,Audio research sp 10+ 250,Krell 100 mono,IMF,Magneplanar,quad 63,Acoustat 2+2,Apogee duetta,Martin logan,Tympany IVA
Mark levinson,Cello,Rowland YBA,ecc,ecc,and in 1991 i had an incredible system,developed in some years

Lurne' J4 with Pluto arm
Mark levinson ml 6 b
network ML mono 2 way,i ask distributors to ask Mark Glazier to produce mono for me,because was only stereo and they did cut at 100 hz
8 ML N 20 bridge,because 2 bridge are 400 watt instead 100 watt
Sound Lab A1 with 2 sub Sound lab B1,so 2 N20 bridge,for every speaker.

The sound was incredible for that time and sure also now with sub soundlab go down at least at 20 hz with incredible power.

Then i met japanise Be Yamamura, that start to come in my home often,he left England and came to leave in Italy and did a company with one italian to build some here,
and did for me,cable,mc transformer and something.

After one/two months we become friend and i ask him,dear Be please tell me what do you think about my system,before he never told me something.
And he reply,i remember like yesterday,Dear Gianluigi this sound is terrible.
So after 10 years of trial,spend a lot of money,lost money,time,problems,was for me the last of the world.

Then i understood why he told me this.
He produced for me one preamp tube in 4 boxes of 140 kg full of superpermalloy transformer and power amp in 4 boxes,always superpermalloy with push pull of 845,plus speaker Monovia very special component and cabinet absolutely hard with one special horn super tweeter berillium that i use also now,so i understood he had reason.

In that time in italy of tube we had ARC,CJ,Jadis and our dream was japan triode but we never saw,only read on some magazine and he was first Japanese to come to Italy showing this world

Regards
Gianluigi

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
If you come you are welcome,
needs some days to organize a trip,because now all have family,problems,job,but are really very nice people and happy to meet some crazy like us

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing