Myles One Year Later

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
You have a standing invite anytime you are in NY Gary.

Myles

Thanks, Myles. I'm still working on a good dealer in the East coast. You'll see me before the end of the year (hopefully).

Sounds like you're a prime candidate for the Air Force 3 with 4 arms!! :D

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Welcome back Myles! I am really looking forward to your renewed participation.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Welcome back, Myles!

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012

Nice photo. I think I have the first born attached to a tonearm around here somewhere.:)

Welcome back my friend.

Dre

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Welcome back, Myles!

We may have some disagreements on that other thread but I am starting to become much more appreciative of your points of view. In particular, while still being a digital-only guy and remaining such, I can now understand much better your being partial towards analog, after having heard great vinyl playback in Peter A.'s and Madfloyd's (Ian's) system, both with Magico speakers, a brand that you are so fond of and that I now am a fan of as well. The Kronos turntable through Ian's system clearly sets the standard upon which the DACs that I have heard in his system need to be measured against. I still have yet to hear a DAC that is able to keep up with vinyl playback on that level of resolution and tonality.

I also have read in Ian's system thread that he became interested in Viero cables based upon your review of the speaker cables, and having heard Viero cables in his system and compared the interconnects with others I have to agree that they are special indeed. I also like your review quite a bit (and you may have heard that lately I have been very critical of other reviews). It is well written, describes some musical highlights from the cables' sound very well, in beautiful detail, and strikes a nice balance between listening and the technical aspects of the cable construction.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing