My audio excitement meter just went off the chart!

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I'll tell you, these amps are tempting me. Can you image these on the MBLs? The MC 3500 was not a classic tube sounding amp, it was clear as a bell and holographic as hell.

Audio orgasm by McIntosh

MC 3500.jpg

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Go for it Peter.

I spent a wad today.

It'll make me feel better. :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
ABout to do a huge transaction too. Misery loves company! LOL! In this case it seems the misery will be in the waiting!

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Yes indeed! These were true classic designs by one hec of a company. McIntosh won't let you down and their sound with some high quality front end is simply superb!

For many weeks I had the mc452 partnered with my c-j Act2 pre driving my Quad electrostas, the mc452 took the performance to a whole new level. What's more is, you can also send in previous mac amps for a complete overhaul and mcintosh will do that for you for a very reasonable cost. Enjoy!
Cheers, RJ

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing