Music is dead

Audiophile666

Jul 10, 2023
Well almost...
I can't help but feel that older music is just is so much better than all the new stuff being released today in all music genres.
There isn't one modern rock band that even comes close to Radiohead, Nirvana, PJ etc..
No new Bob Dylan, no new Jeff Buckley etc...
All new music and artists are just mediocre at best, except in some rare cases (Joanna Newsom for example)
Does anyone here feels the same way?

Reactions: djsina2

Republicoftexas69

What’s the point of this post? Music is not dead by any means and most music is timeless.

Republicoftexas69

Well like I said
Older music is better than new music
There's no new Kurt Cobain and no new Hendrix
No new legendary album you can't live without
Feel bad for you if that is truly your view. Kurt was not that great IMHO.

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
Well almost...
I can't help but feel that older music is just is so much better than all the new stuff being released today in all music genres.
There isn't one modern rock band that even comes close to Radiohead, Nirvana, PJ etc..
All new music and artists are just mediocre at best, except in some rare cases (Joanna Newsom for example)
Sorry I don't feel the same. I heard the same thing from my parents and I guess the trend continues.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Well almost...

No.

Reactions: Audiophile666

mulveling

Jul 6, 2017
Absolutely not. Start looking deeper and experimenting more. Music is a very personal journey and we all have a tendency with age to dig into old patterns and the luxury of familiarity. And we've earned that to some degree. But I also believe it's good to periodically push back against that.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Music is essentially a universal language. Everyone enjoys some type of music. We may not like some of it, or understand parts of it, but it’s still music. Music will never be dead.

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
I listen infrequently to "older" music, there are plenty of new gifted musicians and song writers. And, new music from those who have been around

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
I listen infrequently to "older" music, there are plenty of new gifted musicians and song writers. And, new music from those who have been around

You and I are opposites on this point. I listen to mostly older music and infrequently to newer music. However, when friends come over some of them like the newer music more, so that’s what we mostly play … In doing this I’ve discovered some newer music I enjoy.

Republicoftexas69

You and I are opposites on this point. I listen to mostly older music and infrequently to newer music. However, when friends come over some of them like the newer music more, so that’s what we mostly play … In doing this I’ve discovered some newer music I enjoy.
You are a gracious host. :cool:

Reactions: John T and Audire

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
@Republicoftexas69 - Rather see you wearing a NY Rangers jersey but at least you're a hockey fan:)

Reactions: Republicoftexas69

Republicoftexas69

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Have a listen to this on vinyl / high res on a good system. Will blow your mind.

Reactions: Audiophile666

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing