Murasakino Sumile Mono Cartridge

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I installed two weeks ago finally the Murasakino Sumile Mono on my Audio Tekne Arm. I was playing whit the idea starting whit analog playback for a long time ,but it seems that for me now the right timehas arrived.Being a big fan of Sumile Stereo i was hoping that the performance will have comparable attributes to Sumile Stereo but in Mono. Sumile Mono is still burning inn,the first hours it sounded very lifeless and dull, but after every new 5 hours of playing things start to change and all became 5% better every 5 hours, its still changing daily i am on 50 hours now ,yesterday for the first i heard it singing whit unbelievable dynamic contrasts and great colors of the whole sound spectrum.... Its promissing, i think it needs minimmum 50 hours more to show what it is able to create. Unlike to Stereo version that sounded open warm fast and dynamic from the first minute the Mono version is opening up little by little like a beauty that don't give away her beauty immediately .....
Did any of you used Sumile Mono, your experiences and eventually comparisons whit other Mono carts will be appreciated vey much!?

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Tell us more about your Audio Tekne table and arm compared to your CSport! Did you try the Sumile on both? As you know the Audio Tekne arm is specifically designed for the MC-6310 cartridge, which is fairly high compliance at 20. Do you find it works well with lower compliance carts too?

Reactions: amadeus

goldeneraguy

Dec 11, 2012
Have fun with your Sumile Mono.
I too have and love the Stereo version of this cartridge .Sold all my Monos a few years ago and now regret it.
Enjoy
Ed

Reactions: amadeus

iaxel

Oct 25, 2016
Interesting thanks for sharing!
I have one on order and will compare it to my Miyajima Infinity.
Was expected to arrive in September but continuously getting pushed back.

Reactions: amadeus and bonzo75

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Tell us more about your Audio Tekne table and arm compared to your CSport! Did you try the Sumile on both? As you know the Audio Tekne arm is specifically designed for the MC-6310 cartridge, which is fairly high compliance at 20. Do you find it works well with lower compliance carts too?

Djsina i have used whit succes some Carts on Audio Tekne arm like : Koetsu Coralstone, Fuuga and know the Sumile Mono which opens every further and singing already whit no full burnin...

I think you cant compare Audio Tekne to Cs Port TT those are different animals by example you can compare Cs Port LFT1 to Techdas and it will clearly outperform any Techdas (except Techdas Zero!)....

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Interesting thanks for sharing!
I have one on order and will compare it to my Miyajima Infinity.
Was expected to arrive in September but continuously getting pushed back.

Would be really great if you can share your findings once you get the Sumile Mono vs Miyajima Infinity love to hear it!?

iaxel

Oct 25, 2016
After a few months living with the Sumile Mono, I can say that, for me, it is the "Mono King".
It bested the Miyajima Infinity in almost every aspect, and I really loved the Infinity (decided to sell it), but the Sumile is just a step above.
Bigger stage, better drive, more detailed and highs are better reproduced (less muddy).

Recently been listening to a few Sam Records lps, which are must-haves for any jazz fan IMO. Those are all mono and with the Sumile they sound alive. No stereo cartridge that I've heard comes close with these mono pressings.

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
After a few months living with the Sumile Mono, I can say that, for me, it is the "Mono King".
It bested the Miyajima Infinity in almost every aspect, and I really loved the Infinity (decided to sell it), but the Sumile is just a step above.
Bigger stage, better drive, more detailed and highs are better reproduced (less muddy).

Recently been listening to a few Sam Records lps, which are must-haves for any jazz fan IMO. Those are all mono and with the Sumile they sound alive. No stereo cartridge that I've heard comes close with these mono pressings.
Good to hear thank you for sharing this feedback whit us!

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Djsinaas even Mr Imai of Audio Tekne do not provide any info regarding the compliance of the MC-6310 cartridge how did you get to the conclusion the :

As you know the Audio Tekne arm is specifically designed for the MC-6310 cartridge, which is fairly high compliance at 20.

???

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Djsinaas even Mr Imai of Audio Tekne do not provide any info regarding the compliance of the MC-6310 cartridge how did you get to the conclusion the :

As you know the Audio Tekne arm is specifically designed for the MC-6310 cartridge, which is fairly high compliance at 20.

???

I asked Imai the compliance and he told me.

Rt66indierock

Jul 1, 2022
I installed two weeks ago finally the Murasakino Sumile Mono on my Audio Tekne Arm. I was playing whit the idea starting whit analog playback for a long time ,but it seems that for me now the right timehas arrived.Being a big fan of Sumile Stereo i was hoping that the performance will have comparable attributes to Sumile Stereo but in Mono. Sumile Mono is still burning inn,the first hours it sounded very lifeless and dull, but after every new 5 hours of playing things start to change and all became 5% better every 5 hours, its still changing daily i am on 50 hours now ,yesterday for the first i heard it singing whit unbelievable dynamic contrasts and great colors of the whole sound spectrum.... Its promissing, i think it needs minimmum 50 hours more to show what it is able to create. Unlike to Stereo version that sounded open warm fast and dynamic from the first minute the Mono version is opening up little by little like a beauty that don't give away her beauty immediately .....
Did any of you used Sumile Mono, your experiences and eventually comparisons whit other Mono carts will be appreciated vey much!?

Got a good copy of Pet Sounds you could play?

Reactions: Chop and jazdoc

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
My Sumile mono just arrived. Still fiddling with set up but so far sounding promising. Will follow up when I have more hours of run-in...

would be good to know your impressions compared to Mike’s Miyajima mono on this. Iaxel preferred this

Reactions: Argonaut

Rt66indierock

Jul 1, 2022
Yep..Original and AP 45 rpm

Please me tell how the original sounds and if there is any sense of soundstage depth. Thanks

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
would be good to know your impressions compared to Mike’s Miyajima mono on this. Iaxel preferred this
my Sumile Mono is incoming. a month or so away. my Miyajima Labs Infinity mono's are with new owners.

jazdoc has had his own Miyajima Zero for a few years and heard my Infinity's a few times. he can talk about it.

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
i have ordered a Glanz MH-1200S tonearm for the Sumile Mono and an Esoteric T1 AB-T1GL2 arm board for the Glanz. should have the arm about when the Sumile arrives, in 2-4 weeks. the arm board could be a longer wait.

the T1 having spots for 3 arms was part of the attraction. looking forward to what it and the EMIA phono can do for mono.

probably mount the Smile Mono in place of the Koetsu (Telos/NVS) temporarily when it arrives until the other pieces get here. i have a bunch of Mono pressings waiting i want to enjoy.

thanks @montesquieu (and others) for the detailed feedback on the Sumile/Glanz combo. it was very helpful. :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
i have ordered a Glanz MH-1200S tonearm for the Sumile Mono and an Esoteric T1 AB-T1GL2 arm board for the Glanz. should have the arm about when the Sumile arrives, in 2-4 weeks. the arm board could be a longer wait.

the T1 having spots for 3 arms was part of the attraction. looking forward to what it and the EMIA phono can do for mono.

probably mount the Smile Mono in place of the Koetsu (Telos/NVS) temporarily when it arrives until the other pieces get here. i have a bunch of Mono pressings waiting i want to enjoy.

thanks @montesquieu (and others) for the detailed feedback on the Sumile/Glanz combo. it was very helpful. :)

please let us know how the Dava works on the Glanz as well when you get a chance

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing